The MT-07 Forum

Corbin?

manuel

Hello , the problem that i find with Corbin is that it seems impossible to get any rigid cases top or sides if you have that seats. I bought one Corbin seat , i love it but for many days travelling without having cases is difficult . Givi , Shad or others rigid cases brackets has to be installed under the seat but Corbin is leaving no space. If somebody has a solution plz let us know . Ufo from Canada Ottawa

Thk

Edited by Ufo
  • Like 2

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Ufo said:

Hello , the problem that i find with Corbin is that it seems impossible to get any rigid cases top or sides if you have that seats. I bought one Corbin seat , i love it but for many days travelling without having cases is difficult . Givi , Shad or others rigid cases brackets has to be installed under the seat but Corbin is leaving no space. If somebody has a solution plz let us know . Ufo from Canada Ottawa

Thk

I had no issue installing the SHAD brand Hard side cases with the Corbin gunfighter. I'm also a fan of the corbin seat... It's the best comfort mod I've done. Best of luck finding a solution that works for you.

side_exhaust.thumb.jpg.b682d325b7a70edad70e3759d5b3ee8b.jpg

• Like 2

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

2 hours ago, DewMan said:

I had no issue installing the SHAD brand Hard side cases with the Corbin gunfighter. I'm also a fan of the corbin seat... It's the best comfort mod I've done. Best of luck finding a solution that works for you.

Hi Dewman do you know wich brackets or racks did you use and did you have to go under the seats ? Did you have adjustment to do on the Corbin seats? These info would be very appreciate , it is exactly what im looking for Corbin seat and Shag side cases , thk you 

Edited by Ufo

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, Ufo said:

Hi Dewman do you know wich brackets or racks did you use and did you have to go under the seats ? Did you have adjustment to do on the Corbin seats? These info would be very appreciate , it is exactly what im looking for Corbin seat and Shag side cases , thk you 

I used these SHAD 3P Brackets with these SHAD SH36 hard sidecases. If you want a top case to go with it they have a 3P bracket kit  that also supports a top case. None of which require any tweaking for the Corbin saddle. The brackets are bolted to the frame from the underside of the tail plastic. Two short slots were needed on each side. The kit comes with a template to make sure you place the slots correctly. It was a relatively simple install.

Here's a thread I started about sourcing the parts:

I installed the brackets and bags per instructions with no variation required for use with the Corbin seat.

• Like 1

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

15 minutes ago, DewMan said:

I used these SHAD 3P Brackets with these SHAD SH36 hard sidecases. If you want a top case to go with it they have a 3P bracket kit  that also supports a top case. None of which require any tweaking for the Corbin saddle. The brackets are bolted to the frame from the underside of the tail plastic. Two short slots were needed on each side. The kit comes with a template to make sure you place the slots correctly. It was a relatively simple install.

I installed the brackets and bags per instructions with no variation required for use with the Corbin seat.

Thank you very much for the info i think what confuse the people who i spoke to  is this note from Corbin regarding fz 07 

<Corbin saddle will not work with the Yamaha accessory trunks as there is no room under the Corbin basepan > Again thank you very much , i will try again .

• Like 1

20 hours ago, DewMan said:

19 hours ago, Ufo said:

Thank you very much for the info i think what confuse the people who i spoke to  is this note from Corbin regarding fz 07 

<Corbin saddle will not work with the Yamaha accessory trunks as there is no room under the Corbin basepan > Again thank you very much , i will try again .

Hey Dewman what year is your FZ 07 mine is 2016 and Shad specify 2017 and 2108 for 3 p bracket. The kit is ok but i would prefer the plain 3 p like yours. 

• Premium Member
49 minutes ago, Ufo said:

Hey Dewman what year is your FZ 07 mine is 2016 and Shad specify 2017 and 2108 for 3 p bracket. The kit is ok but i would prefer the plain 3 p like yours. 

Mine's a 2017. The one linked should have no issues with 2014-2017 models. But it couldn't hurt to reach out to SHAD to make sure that's just a typo, just incase they made some change to the 3P since I got mine earlier this year.

Edited by DewMan
  • Like 1

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

• 1 month later...

Has anyone bought a Corbin seat for a 2017 Glacier Blue FZ? I am looking into getting one but I want to see how some of the colors offered will match my bike.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 6/30/2018 at 2:30 PM, DewMan said:

I wish I would have known about Shad before purchasing GIVI  I think Shad has better brackets  a littler more storage and can handle a full face Helmet better plus a lower price  with package deal get free  liner bags ect    Plus the overall price is lower and web site easier to use ..

On 10/20/2017 at 2:33 PM, Skibum4106 said:

I prefer the Gunfighter & Lady Version  and found a web site that sells it for  $84 less  but I am betting plus shipping costs 

This Airhawk R Cruiser  really adds a lot of comfort ..  but the Corbin is the way to go long term..  You can take the air hawk off quickly for a track day or aggressive Mountain riding ect.. 

• 5 months later...

I have a 30" inseam and don't mind the Corbin seat, I ended up with soft bags instead of hard bags, like the soft bag idea over the hard bag, plus I saved some money.  Love the comfort of the Corbin seat

• Like 1

Jeremy11226

I can verify--cannot get my new Corbin to fit on my 2018 MT 07 because I also have the Yamaha factory top case installed. Trying to resolve this with Corbin now. Any tips would be appreciated.