The MT-07 Forum

Corbin?

manuel

I've got a nearby business who does seats. I'm gonna check with them this week and see what it'll cost me. Went on about a 4 hour ride yesterday, split in 2, and my butt was not happy. lol

• Global Moderator

I am sure it will be comfortable, but I can't say that I am a fan of the looks.

• Premium Member
Eastern Kayaker
Hello, I just had a Corbin seat made for my bike, they have a ride-in service in Hollister (California). I made an appointment and they made the seat from me within 3-4 hours.
Just been on a 5 hour outing with the bike and the seat is awesome and very comfortable.
Somebody asked if the seat is higher and yes it definitely feels a bit higher, I assume it is because the sides of the seat are a bit wider. If you use their ride-in service they can customize the seat for you and shave the sides of the base off until it is to your likes.
Below are some pictures....
QaGW0Aa.jpg

oEJqGe3.jpg

EJO3LdM.jpg

rVPM3LW.jpg

Nice! What material did you select for the seat sides and passenger seat?

• Premium Member

Well looks like if you do have a passenger, they'll be less likely to slide forward. That's what happened when I had a passenger on my bike with the stock seat.

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

• Premium Member
Nice - What material did you select for the seat sides and passenger seat?
 I used black vinyl for the sides and the passenger part. The main seat area is textured leather which is about the same texture as the black plastic covers around the tank. 

Love to ride!

• Premium Member
Well looks like if you do have a passenger, they'll be less likely to slide forward. That's what happened when I had a passenger on my bike with the stock seat.
 Sorry - don't know, no passengers on my bike ;) 

Love to ride!

• 2 weeks later...

I just got mine in 3 days ago. Rode it once and I'm not a fan. Don't like the look primarily. I paid $440 with shipping. Will sell for $350

Posted in for sale thread with pics

• 2 months later...

Horrible customer service. They sent the wrong seat (not my error). I sent multiple emails, tried to speak with someone on phone but no answer and their outgoing message states no one available and disconnects. Didn't get any response until I contested the charge. I sent incorrect seat back (my nickel). When I finally spoke with someone, was promised refund...still waiting. Looks like my bank will have to battle it out with them. Should have searched for customer reviews before ordering...discovered my experience was not uncommon.

YMMV, but buyer beware!

• 4 weeks later...

My Corbin arrived last week and I like it. I did have a problem where the confirmation email they sent me with the details of my order was way, way wrong, and it took a couple days back and forth to finally get a hold of them, but they made sure to correct the order and it arrived early and correct.

• 3 weeks later...

I got a similar seat from Corbin. I can confirm that it is way too stiff. I need to take it to a local upholsterer to be redone and shaved down.

Looks comfy but it's my personal opinion it doesn't match the bike. It looks like it belongs on a cruiser, you see so many cruisers with that style of seat. Will hurt the bad-boy image the bike has.

Edited: that style of seat (stepped king & queen) was popular back when the old CB's were popular. It just doesn't go with the newer style bikes that are sport bikes, like the FZ-07 but it would go with any of Yamahas cruisers much better. It's just not a sport seat, it's big and bulky looking.

th_CVXNKGO0.jpg

• Like 1

Beemer

• Premium Member

I've had a similar corbin on a hd and bmw. They are hard, but so are seats in a mercedes-benz. They take about 1000 miles
to break in, then offer all day comfort because of the stiffer foam. They don't "sack out".

• 3 months later...
  • Premium Member
Guys, most of the interior and seat designers I have talked to can and will simply take your stock seat(s) and refinish them with new more comfy materials so generally you don't have to worry about a company only providing a one piece design. It is a little less expensive when they take your stock seat and fit it with new materials as well. Give them a call and find out.
Which companies are these?
...... any auto/marine/restaurant upholstery company. My wife and I had kick-ass benches custom made for our shop and the choices were endless. These places should be able to redo almost anything to your specifications/liking. The only limitation is your wallet.  GOOGLE IT MAN.... then use one of those telephone thingys, sheesh ;)

• Like 1

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

• 1 year later...
zombie thread!!! wanted to check back and see people's longer-term thoughs on the corbin. gotta say this looks sexy to me: http://www.corbin.com/yamaha/yfz714g.shtml

thanks!
The seat is slightly taller than stock, but hasn't been a problem for me. Comfort and durability is king with this seat. I light the seat back(keeps you from sliding back on hard acceleration). Some say the seat is too hard, I think it is fine. I really like the fact that it opens with the key, no tools required.
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...
On 2/13/2015 at 11:14 AM, so1102 said:

Yep, this is going to be my first upgrade as soon as I take delivery on the bike (well, second -- installing the vagabond frame sliders first)

(this doesn't show the stitching on the saddle -- it is just a generic gunfighter saddle off of their "configurator" to show the materials and colors I'm going with)

http://www.biohazardcycles.com/corbin-y-fz7-14-gl-gunfighter-lady-saddle-seat-fz07-fz-07/

hpQyigh.jpg?1

I prefer the Gunfighter & Lady Version  and found a web site that sells it for  $84 less  but I am betting plus shipping costs 

On 3/15/2015 at 9:33 PM, sigma2chi said:

I just got mine in 3 days ago. Rode it once and I'm not a fan. Don't like the look primarily. I paid $440 with shipping. Will sell for $350

Posted in for sale thread with pics

Looks like you sold this long ago ?

• 4 weeks later...

2016 FZ-07: I was unable to ride the bike for several months but when I did I found the seat to be very uncomfortable such that I seriously considered selling. But since I liked the bike otherwise, I took a chance and bought a Corbin Gunfighter. The material was as seen on the site - black w/ stitching and similar for the passenger seat. No welt. Went for a ride yesterday and the difference in comfort was markedly improved. Corbin says to allow 2k miles for full comfort to occur, but if the ride yesterday was an indication, in 2k miles it'll be a Barcolounger. As for appearance, I have a Madstad windscreen on the bike so a different seat look doesn't bother me. At all. It's still a sportsbike and I have the insurance premium to prove it.

• 6 months later...
  • Premium Member

I have my Corbin now for over two years and it is still as good as on day one including many 200+ mile days...

• Like 2

Love to ride!