The MT-07 Forum

Corbin?

manuel

Nice!!! Two weeks ago they told me they were three months out!!! I'll be ordering one. I'm tired of sliding back in the saddle.

That is my bike in the picture. The seat is only slightly higher. It is super comfy. No more sliding back. I love that I no longer have to remove bolts to get to the battery. I was trying to post pics of my wonderful seat, when Corbin did it for me. By the way, the whole seat removes with the original key. Highly recommended!

• Like 1

Interesting! I like the idea of not having any bolts to remove, but is it secure? It does look higher, but it also flows better with the tank curve.

In the pictures, it looks like it seats (pun intended) nicely on the bike and there is no gap between panels and the seat bottom (small issue that I have with the stock)...

The selection of materials looks overwhelming :). Alligator, hmmm!

Could you please take some close-up pics and post here. At the risk of being killed, I might indulge (again!)....

Heck yes!!! I've been waiting for a seat upgrade. Have you gone on any longer rides with it yet? I'm definitely digging the looks and if the comfort is there too, it's a done deal.

I can see my bank account being $400 lighter in the very near future. I'm really excited about this, looks super comfortable.

You do or don't
Then your dead.

To order a tail tidy click
One-off-fabrication.myshopify.com

• Premium Member

Yep, this is going to be my first upgrade as soon as I take delivery on the bike (well, second -- installing the vagabond frame sliders first)

(this doesn't show the stitching on the saddle -- it is just a generic gunfighter saddle off of their "configurator" to show the materials and colors I'm going with)
hpQyigh.jpg?1

• Like 2

• Premium Member

Hello,
I just had a Corbin seat made for my bike, they have a ride-in service in Hollister (California). I made an appointment and they made the seat from me within 3-4 hours.
Just been on a 5 hour outing with the bike and the seat is awesome and very comfortable.
Somebody asked if the seat is higher and yes it definitely feels a bit higher, I assume it is because the sides of the seat are a bit wider. If you use their ride-in service they can customize the seat for you and shave the sides of the base off until it is to your likes.
Below are some pictures....
QaGW0Aa.jpg

oEJqGe3.jpg

EJO3LdM.jpg

rVPM3LW.jpg

• Like 5

Love to ride!

Im tired of sliding onto the back of the bike whenever i accelerate hard...im ordering a seat.

Ideally, that big ol hump should prevent my ass from moving backwards.

• Premium Member

I owned a Corbin saddle on one of my other bikes and loved it. Here's what I through together in the configurater:
(I'll have to start saving).

half_gunfighter_2.pfs?width=1200&format=jpg&p.tn=Black_Carbon_Fiber.png,Asphalt_Vinyl.png,Black_Carbon_Fiber.png,Royal_Blue_Vinyl.png,White.png&p.dc=0

• Like 2

Why can't left turners see us?

• Premium Member

I like this seat but yet I on the fence also with the one piece design. I've had a Corbin on both my Z1000's one I bought the other came with the bike and both were hard as a rock and good for 50 miles. Now this seat on the other hand looks very comfy. Of course looks can be diseaving I really want to wait and see if a single seat option comes out from Corbin or Seat Concepts for this bike. I looking at the FZ-07 it just screams two piece seat vs one piece. The best upgrade to any bike is a good comfy seat so in the end looks might get passed up for a seat that can make you happy. Will wait and see what comes in the future but for now I do like this seat.

• Like 1

Looks nice, and I'm sure it very comfy. But one of the reasons I picked the FZ07 is the two piece seat. Personal preference, I like the look better.

• Like 2

The seat is only slightly higher.
Would you say a half inch higher? Less? More? Thx 

Current ride = 2014 Moto Guzzi California 1400 Custom

• Premium Member
crazycracka501

Guys, most of the interior and seat designers I have talked to can and will simply take your stock seat(s) and refinish them with new more comfy materials so generally you don't have to worry about a company only providing a one piece design. It is a little less expensive when they take your stock seat and fit it with new materials as well. Give them a call and find out.

• Like 3

Make it stop!....Now make it go faster!

• Premium Member
The seat is only slightly higher.
Would you say a half inch higher? Less? More? Thx
Hi - about a half inch to an inch. The impact comes more from the fact that it is also a bit wider. 

Love to ride!

Guys, most of the interior and seat designers I have talked to can and will simply take your stock seat(s) and refinish them with new more comfy materials so generally you don't have to worry about a company only providing a one piece design. It is a little less expensive when they take your stock seat and fit it with new materials as well. Give them a call and find out.
Which companies are these?

• Premium Member
crazycracka501
Sending my seat to someone for fixing up means no riding for a while though.
I hear ya, but just think of all those riders who can't ride for months on end during winter.  A week or two would suck but the ride will be well worth it for the rest of the time you own the bike.

Make it stop!....Now make it go faster!