The MT-07 Forum

Carbonated!

manuel

Function over form, they say. And I agree, so I got an upgrade for the suspension (see here). But I "needed" something for my shallow side as well. And since Akrapovic is an old weakness of mine, I went for their carbon version of the exhaust.For the longest time I wanted their Ti version, simply because it sits in the proper place, under the bike. And the angle cut pipe looks sexy as hell without the baffle. But the intricate design of the Carbon muffler (really, they way the end is angled looks really exotic), the muffler length that, to me, feels just right, the 360 loop that looks like it comes from a Panigale, the light weight etc. won me over. Happy to report that the "in-flesh" impression is consistent. Welds are just perfect, the pipe curves are well, you know...
Oh, I also like the fact that the header and the link pipes are not chromed. 
I will install it soon. Bike is in storage mode (sedated, I mean fuel is stabilized) and I won't turn it on (the horror!), if I can resist temptation. The plan is to run it with the baffle in (another benefit over the Ti version in my opinion - that baffle looks a bit weird with the 2 tiny pipes on it).
Here it is:
ZbY85h2.jpg

Archived