The MT-07 Forum

Yamaha sales for 2014..

scordiaboy515

scordiaboy515

Go Yamaha and the FZ-09 and FZ-07!....http://blog.motorcycle.com/2015/02/12/manufacturers/yamaha/yamaha-reports-2014-fiscal-results/

SouthernSpeed

Holy Smoke 5.8 million Yamaha motorcycles sold in a year!

The torque on this thing is pretty addictive....

No surprise to me. I went into 2015 a Suzuki guy.... Then I saw the 2015 Yamaha models at the DC IMC. It was love at first sight...or lust....whatever.

O judgment! Thou art fled to brutish beasts,
And men have lost their reason. Bear with me.
My heart is in the coffin there with Caesar,
And I must pause...till it come back to me.

Yamaha model design is being taken over by Toyota. I hope we don't end up with 'Camrys' and 'Corollas' from Yamaha. Be a sad puppy if that happens.

• Premium Member
Yamaha model design is being taken over by Toyota. I hope we don't end up with 'Camrys' and 'Corollas' from Yamaha. Be a sad puppy if that happens.

That's actually pretty disappointing to hear.

Everything went braap.

scordiaboy515

Not such a bad thing, Yamaha and Toyota have been partnering on vehicles since the 60's. The 1967 Toyota 2000GT was actually a joint venture between the two. The early to mid 70's Corolla's and Celica's had a 2TC 1600cc pushrod/hemi head engine, in Japan, Europe and Australia these awesome little cars had a 2TG option which was a dohc cylinder head conversion which was also made by Yamaha among others.  Don't underestimate the two 8-)

• Premium Member

I guess what I meant was there's not much from Toyota, that from an appearance standpoint alone really rustled my jimmies.

Maybe that'll have to change.

Everything went braap.

Well, actually, Yamaha model design was done by a particular Japanese firm since world war 2 or so, whose main founder recently passed way. So any collaboration where Yamaha had input into the design would by extension mean that firm. All these years, they operated embracing a 'Kando' philosophy. Probably google it than me butchering its core principles.

I stand with hobbs on the 'ugh' factor when it comes to Toyotas. Pure base response, nothing to do with logic.

SouthernSpeed
  Yea that is disappointing to hear, Toyota models have been pretty boring to me the past few years and I don't know what the hell the Lexus designers are thinking the front bumpers of all the new Lexus cars looks awful! IMHO 

SouthernSpeed
   Not such a bad thing, Yamaha and Toyota have been partnering on vehicles since the 60's. The 1967 Toyota 2000GT was actually a joint venture between the two. The early to mid 70's Corolla's and Celica's had a 2TC 1600cc pushrod/hemi head engine, in Japan, Europe and Australia these awesome little cars had a 2TG option which was a dohc cylinder head conversion which was also made by Yamaha among others.  Don't underestimate the two 8-)
  good point they have worked a lot in the past and the 2000GT is an awesome iconic car.  I think Yamaha designed the engine.   I think Yamaha has always been on point with the design and styling of their bikes though.  I always thought they looked the most sporty 

Archived