The MT-07 Forum

Brand New

Rudolpho

Hey all, just got my FZ-07 yesterday, it's my first bike and so far I love it! I have a dirt bike background grew up on XR's and have always wanted a street bike. Looking forward to the long trips and countless miles on my FZ. If anyone's got ideas for first mods please let me know. So far I know I want to get an eliminator kit for the license plate and maybe get different blinkers for front and back along with an exhaust and a short sporty windscreen.

• Global Moderator

Welcome. It sounds like you have some good ideas for mods already. The only thing I would add is a radiator guard as those little fins bend easily.

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick

Welcome rudolpho! Post a pic when you get the time.

Illegitimi non carborundum

I havnt quite figured out how to post pics... Will continue to try later. This week I ordered the LED blinkers from Yamaha Genuine Parts and I ordered the Yoshimura Fender Eliminator kit. Will order exhaust soon but I'm doing all this and I don't even have my endorsement yet haha so buying all this stuff before I've even ridden the bike.

Quick question to anyone who might know, what kind of performance upgrades are there to do to make this bike even more beastly? I'm involved in the diesel truck crowd and I've built up two trucks over the last few years and done injector upgrades and transmission upgrades along with tuning the ECM and such with EFI live and I was just curious if people do that kind of thing to bikes like these as well. I've done a lot of poking around the interwebs and I've seen a couple things that looked like tuners but wasn't too sure.

93dff6c18df47518e2065320275cd4b2.jpg

Let me know if that works, I don't use my desktop for this, mostly on my mobile since I'm rarely ever home. Downloaded this app though and it seems like it's gonna work.

• Global Moderator

It works, I can see the picture ! Nice bike, congrats & welcome.

Who is the cardboard guy in the back?  :P

Check out the combo deals of the Ejk and exhaust in the exhaust section of the forum. Looks like you have a plan and quickly caught the nodding bug.

Check out the combo deals of the Ejk and exhaust in the exhaust section of the forum. Looks like you have a plan and quickly caught the nodding bug.
Saw those! Yes when it's time I'll probably go for the Akra Titanium/EJK combo, just gotta save up that $$$$!

You havent even ridden the bike yet and you're throwing a bunch of stuff onto it?

You also disregarded one of the most important bits of info here...the radiator guard. Sure, its not pretty and it doesnt make you go faster but it will make you go longer...

Heed the wisdom on this board! There are many wise two wheeled gurus here! :)

You havent even ridden the bike yet and you're throwing a bunch of stuff onto it? 
You also disregarded one of the most important bits of info here...the radiator guard. Sure, its not pretty and it doesnt make you go faster but it will make you go longer...

Heed the wisdom on this board! There are many wise two wheeled gurus here! :)
Well technically I rode it for 6 miles illegally :o but yeah it's either throw money at this or more money at my truck. I think my truck has hogged profits for long enough :P will add the radiator guard to the shopping list ;)

Archived