The MT-07 Forum

LED Headlight kit coming soon

Cruizin

Guest whitegas

Something that is designated specifically for the FZ07 on the product page so other motorcycle owners won't be buying it so the chances to be in stock for FZ07 owners will be better?

• Premium Member

I thought the current one required cutting of the coupler to fit. Am I incorrect?

Cruizin,

Can you please clarify what it is that is specific about this kit you are working on with them? The whole "Working on a solution that doesn't run out of stock so often.." response doesn't make much sense. From the title of the thread it sounds like components of this kit would be specific for the FZ-07......assuming they need to be. Your comments are causing anticipation and excitement over a new product but Cyclops Adventure Sports doesn't seem to be aware of its development.

Me:

Are you creating a specific kit for the FZ-07? I heard that on fz07.org, please let me now if this is true or not. Thanks in advance!

Cyclops:

Thanks Scott No need for a specific kit, from reports we have received the bulb is a plug and play deal.

Care to shed some light...on this?

Headlight kits don't need to be specific to a certain vehicle or motorcycle. The only thing that matters is that it has the right type of bulb which is picked out by the buyer. Everything else like the connectors to the stock harnesses are all standardized. It doesn't matter what your riding or driving that decides what kit you buy it's the type of bulb that comes with it. basically any H.I.D. Kit or any L.E.D. Kit you buy will work as long as it has the H4 bulb and you know how to plug in a headlight bulb and attach wires to the battery.

Thanks for the obvious information qjohnson.

We were led to believe that there is something unique about what he was working on.......when there isn't.

fooschnickens
Headlight kits don't need to be specific to a certain vehicle or motorcycle. The only thing that matters is that it has the right type of bulb which is picked out by the buyer. Everything else like the connectors to the stock harnesses are all standardized. It doesn't matter what your riding or driving that decides what kit you buy it's the type of bulb that comes with it. basically any H.I.D. Kit or any L.E.D. Kit you buy will work as long as it has the H4 bulb and you know how to plug in a headlight bulb and attach wires to the battery.
The problem is that the "kit" in question was being touted as something special/custom/specific to our bikes by the admin, but no such "kit" seems to be planned or in development by the vendor. So now there's a large amount of confusion surrounding what exactly is going to be sold and with no active input from the vendor themselves on the board it's anyone's guess as to what it will be. I'm just glad I got my LED kit before they went out of stock. Maybe now I can resell it at a premium :P 

• 2 weeks later...

These lights I'm posting about are expensive but apparently worth it because the stock low beam on my bike only goes out about 10 yards and then there's the sudden line of darkness beyond that which means I'm always over driving my fricken lights on low beam. Scary chit! The sight doesn't list the FZ 07 as a bike the lights will fit but I asked a tech and he said the fender mounted micro LED's definitely fit the 07. It 'appears' he's right but no promises. Denali makes quality stuff, too.

http://www.twistedthrottle.com/denali-dm1-micro-single-intensity-led-lighting-kit-with-full-wiring-harness-and-m8-mount

Beemer

I'm yanking this light program. I don't like the light pattern and Cyclops wanted me to sell it on here and buy directly from him. I don't want to start a store and sell a product that isn't perfect.

It's an improvement over the stock bulb, but the light pattern is just not to my liking.

I'm still looking for a supporting Vendor. I'm gonna lock this thread and start a new one.

Oh boo. Guess I'm sticking to HID for now then.

I visit here at least once a week.  Got any questions, ask and I will answer!

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick

Ok, hope you find something soon. The demand is definitely there!

Illegitimi non carborundum

Archived