The MT-07 Forum

Seat Concepts Seat Kit is coming soon for the FZ-07,

westgl

Seat Concepts has the FZ-07 Listed in their Coming soon category, I have their seat kit on another bike, they corrected the seat foam as it slanted down lower in the front, and the I got  Seatconcepts Grippy seat cover, as the OEM seat cover was slick, and had me sliding around on the oem seat especially in stops.

The foam seat concepts used was not as firm as the Oem foam was and provided a more comfortable longer ride.

Seat Concepts tries to fix what ever OEM seat problems they find, like maybe oem seat slopes forward, or too narrow, or wide, or foam is not shaped right, and slick seat cover makes you slide forward or foam density makes for uncomfortable longer rides.

I bought a seat for another bike it was a group buy, they removed the slope forward, shaped the foam better, and seat foam was a little thicker and a little softer density, I also got it with a grippy seat cover, i think it was a $115.00 in a group buy.

Seat Concepts site Link

http://seatconcepts.com/

Corbin also has a seat coming for us within three months, or so they said last month. Im excited to see options out there as i find the OEM seat to get uncomfortable after about an hour in the saddle. Its not the end of the world and its far from painful but i do believe it could be better!

• Premium Member
Corbin also has a seat coming for us within three months, or so they said last month. Im excited to see options out there as i find the OEM seat to get uncomfortable after about an hour in the saddle. Its not the end of the world and its far from painful but i do believe it could be better!
I had a Corbin on my Magna 750.  Great saddle! 

Why can't left turners see us?

• 2 months later...

I have what is quite possibly the First seat kit from Seat Concepts. I just installed it today and put just a few miles on it. I'll post pics soon. So far it's everything I've come to expect from them. I have a few of their seat kits on my dirt bikes.

Details details, pics as well...
paid for mine on 14th, still waiting for them to ship mine so I can install.
how was your install? Any tips? I watched their video, but was on the FZ09

• Global Moderator

I talked to a local apholsterer and he is going to charge $30 to do it. It seems like the easiest way to go.

I talked to a local apholsterer and he is going to charge $30 to do it. It seems like the easiest way to go.
Mjh937, that sounds like a fair price for a pro to install, but .......the tinkerer in me says try the install first, hope someone before me posts up some pics with tips & possible technique! 

• Premium Member

Seat Concepts has a few videos of other installs on youtube (just search for "seat concepts install") -- not exactly videos for our particular seats, but the concepts are the same. You need a pneumatic (air) stapler that works with T50 staples (preferably) that are only 1/4" deep, then just take your time and work your way around. I've never done upholstery before but it was a breeze (once I quit screwing around trying to get an electric stapler to work and went to an inexpensive air stapler)

Details details, pics as well... paid for mine on 14th, still waiting for them to ship mine so I can install.
how was your install? Any tips? I watched their video, but was on the FZ09

I took the old foam and cover off and had my local bike shop install the new seat for me. Sorry no pics yet. I had it installed and than left town :(

Mjh937, that sounds like a fair price for a pro to install, but .......the tinkerer in me says try the install first, hope someone before me posts up some pics with tips & possible technique! 

Because of the shape of the seat pan you need a stapler that will get into a deep recess. A normal stapler won't reach. IMHO

Most manual staplers don't cut it. They are just not strong enough and the staples are too weak. An air stapler is a better bet and if you already have a compressor the staplers are not that expensive. make sure it will take decent size staples though. The staple pins need to be at least 8mm long. Make sure you centre line the cover as the start but you should be able to find a good youtube video of a recover. Seat concepts may actually have one but I can't remember off the top of my head. I have done 2 Seat concepts ones and I just followed the instructions ( exactly).

Go forth and modify my son...go forth and modify...

• 2 weeks later...
SouthernSpeed

I am still waiting on mine to ship, is anyone else still waiting also? I was just not sure when they were going to ship out from the group buy?

The torque on this thing is pretty addictive....

• Premium Member
I am still waiting on mine to ship, is anyone else still waiting also? I was just not sure when they were going to ship out from the group buy?

Assuming you received an invoice via PayPal (and paid it), I would expect to wait 5-7 days before receiving it.

• 1 month later...
truthiness

Anyone with a bony backside using this seat? My tailbone gets hot and bothered after 45 mins. to an hour on the stock seat and I'm curious if this particular seat will mitigate this issue somewhat.

Anyone with a bony backside using this seat? My tailbone gets hot and bothered after 45 mins. to an hour on the stock seat and I'm curious if this particular seat will mitigate this issue somewhat.

Yes!!!
Two words... GET IT!!!

You honestly won't regret it! I enjoy riding my bike now... Rather than being so sore I can't wait to get off :)

Archived