The MT-07 Forum

Pacifica thru Devil's Slide Tunnel

hippiebikerchick

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick

A clip from last weekend's ride with 12 motogirls. We super slabbed it 50 miles to Pacifica, then took the devil's slide tunnel south and had lunch in Pescadero. Continued south along the coast about 50 miles along Highway 1 to Santa Cruz. It was a great day.

http://vid1292.photobucket.com/albums/b580/Carol_Hauptman_Gluck/tunnelride_zpsol92diqv.mp4

The first segment of this video is lousy quality, I have no idea why............. :-S

Illegitimi non carborundum

Cool video. Going through the trees with the flicker sun/shadow would be my guess to why the first part of the video wasn't as clear. Once you clear the trees the video clears up too.

• Global Moderator

That looks like a great ride. I need to find a tunnel. I bet the bike sounds great kicked down agreat or two in a tunnel.

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick
What an awesome ride--looked like it was the perfect day. Out of curiosity, which camera ya got?
It's a GoPro Hero3+ that was mounted to my mirror stem.

What an awesome ride--looked like it was the perfect day. Out of curiosity, which camera ya got?
I would like to see how you have it mounted.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member
hippiebikerchick
I don't know if this pic will show you how we did it but we just used the mounts that came with it and maybe a few extras..... 

http://i1292.photobucket.com/albums/b580/Carol_Hauptman_Gluck/IMG_8028_zpsefaa434b.jpg

I don't know if this pic will show you how we did it but we just used the mounts that came with it and maybe a few extras..... 

http://i1292.photobucket.com/albums/b580/Carol_Hauptman_Gluck/IMG_8028_zpsefaa434b.jpg
Ah I just got in a different mount but I also don't have a go pro. I hope to be installing it in the next week or so.

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the video. We ride those hills as well, just from San Jose.
I especially like the loop from Hwy 1 to Pescadero - the artichoke soup at Duartes is a treat - then up the hill to Woodside Rd. And back to Hwy 1. The windies and twisties through the redwoods are so nice.

We usually don't go all the way to Santa Cruz, rather we turn up the hill and pass through Bonnie Dune to Hwy 9, then up the hill to Skyline.

We're heading to Pillar Point later today. See you on the road? We're the red FZ07 with a windscreen and a white Vstrom. Yellow jackets, white helmets.

Archived