The MT-07 Forum

GOOD NEWS

Riverfox

• Global Moderator

Yes, spring is in the air !! I just made this picture out of my back door:

IMG_1536.jpg

I got out and rode yesterday here in Idaho. It hit 62F in Boise! Woo Hoo! So I hop on my bike and decided to ride up to this mountain town, Idaho City.

Didn't take long for the temps to drop down to 44F but I kept going. Stopped at Trudy's for chili and Coffee and then rode home. There was alot of snow on the ground but the road was clear.

nzt96SO.jpg?1

I got out and rode yesterday here in Idaho. It hit 62F in Boise! Woo Hoo! So I hop on my bike and decided to ride up to this mountain town, Idaho City.  
Didn't take long for the temps to drop down to 44F but I kept going. Stopped at Trudy's for chili and Coffee and then rode home. There was alot of snow on the ground but the road was clear.

nzt96SO.jpg?1

Good for you, wish we had riding weather back!

• Global Moderator

Thanks. Yes, it is mint and runs great.
I've owned it for 15 or so years and restored it in 2006. I think I mentioned this before lol
I don't use it much anymore. It can handle the winter no problem, but it is quite primitive and takes ages to heat up. And in the summer I usually ride my bike or Stewie (the '77 hilux pick-up truck).
When I drive it I do get a lot of offers and notes behind the wipers but it's not for sale.

• 1 month later...

nzt96SO.jpg?1

Did you get any salt on ur bike?

• Premium Member
Nah, we dont put that shet on our roads out here. The local government would rather that everyone just slide around and run in to ea other. Heck, my town barely even plows roads and my road never gets plowed.
Ha Ha!  I remember that.  In Salt Lake City, if there is even a hint of snow they start treating the roads with a brine mix, then when it snows, they salt everything to the max.  It makes for safer driving, but I'm sure all of our vehicles suffer.  I remember when I was in Boise, I got hit in my car by an oil truck, because we both hit a shady intersection in spring that was sheer ice.  I know they use sand at some of the major intersections but not this one.  BTW, I love the loop through Idaho City, Lowman, Garden Valley. 

Why can't left turners see us?

Archived