The MT-07 Forum

Dyno tune ruined my bike?

ugly

potatochips

Do you know what the accelerator pump is set to now?

Sounds like EDR is the way to go, I'm sure you just want this over with, hopefully they can get it all setup perfectly, and you'll be set.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
thomascrown

This isn't rocket science. Take pcv, upload off the shelf map from graves motorsport, and enjoy. Instead, you're having a bunch of clowns mickey mouse you a crappy map.

This isn't rocket science. Take pcv, upload off the shelf map from graves motorsport, and enjoy. Instead, you're having a bunch of clowns mickey mouse you a crappy map.  

It's not that simple. The maps you download are generic and does not compensate for the different part of the world you ride in. Different elevations, different air quality, means for different settings.

thomascrown

The more specialized the map, the more narrow it's range of use. A map for 7777ft elevation and octane of gas that Cletus brings up the mountain in rusty barrels is more dangerous than a general map that takes into account a varying environment. Hence why factory maps are "generic".

@Ralph,
> wonder if all this faf and expense is worth it

When dispassionately looked at in that manner, I would be inclined to agree. Disconnect the O2 sensor takes a couple minutes. Pull it out and put in a suitable bolt. It will enrichen the low-down and driveability will be improved.

I rode @unknown's (stock exhaust) bike around the parking lot and around the neighborhood. Wasn't half bad in tight, slow maneuvers either. But he had made sure to balance the intakes.

bannerfans_1095431.jpg

Archived