The MT-07 Forum

Rear Stand

wooosaaaw

I don't think you could change your rear tire with those spools.
No that's what I thought, cant see the point of a stand if you cant get the wheel out, you can get a main/centrer stand in the UK and a thing called a abba super bike stand
that are supposed to be good but not tried any of them.

http://shop.sw-motech.com/cgi-bin/cosmoshop/lshop.cgi?action=showdetail&wkid=142330230921253&ls=en&nc=1423302362-22285&rubnum=products.wartung.hauptstaender&artnum=HPS.06.506.10000/B&id=1&gesamt_zeilen=Tshowrub--products.wartung.hauptstaender&typid=167021448

http://abbastands.co.uk/product-detail.asp?item=superbike-stand&pid=1

You can take em out with the oes rear spools, ive done. just 1 more step to do before you take the wheel out

2015 Pearl White FZ-07
"such a torky lil guy"

Hey Guys and Gals, 
I've noticed there is no way to mount spools, has anyone tried a universal stand like this one?

http://www.cyclegear.com/TRACKSIDE-Rear-Paddock-Stand

I'm a new rider so i'm still at a bit of a loss on what to use.
Dont Do It!! Trackside is Crap.  I bought a similar stand from them and the paddles protective coating peeled off in a week and scraped the hell out of my bike.  I learned the hard way...buy pitbull. 

Hey Guys and Gals, 
I've noticed there is no way to mount spools, has anyone tried a universal stand like this one?

http://www.cyclegear.com/TRACKSIDE-Rear-Paddock-Stand

I'm a new rider so i'm still at a bit of a loss on what to use.
Dont Do It!! Trackside is Crap.  I bought a similar stand from them and the paddles protective coating peeled off in a week and scraped the hell out of my bike.  I learned the hard way...buy pitbull. 

Thanks Craig, i'll hold off and buy the pitbull.

• Premium Member
What is the point of having spools if you can't use them to adjust the chain or take off the rear wheel?
I think you can still adjust the chain, just not take the rear wheel off. It is also handy for lubing the chain.

Why can't left turners see us?

Guest whitegas

No, you can't adjust the chain with the rear axle spools on. You need to remove them. I haven't reinstalled my OES spool sliders after adjusting my chain. Was considering selling them since there is no need for them on my bike, but at 35 bucks new, I won't even bother.

That said, in the grand scheme of things, having to remove the spool sliders when you take the rear wheel off or adjust the chain is neither here nor there. Really. It isn't a big deal. It is 1-2 minutes of extra work which pales in comparison with having to actually remove the tire. There are bigger fish to fry than complain about those 2 minutes.  And if you're the type that does everything yourself for the bike, you too will realize that it isn't a big deal.

No, you can't adjust the chain with the rear axle spools on. You need to remove them. I haven't reinstalled my OES spool sliders after adjusting my chain. Was considering selling them since there is no need for them on my bike, but at 35 bucks new, I won't even bother. 
That said, in the grand scheme of things, having to remove the spool sliders when you take the rear wheel off or adjust the chain is neither here nor there. Really. It isn't a big deal. It is 1-2 minutes of extra work which pales in comparison with having to actually remove the tire. There are bigger fish to fry than complain about those 2 minutes.  And if you're the type that does everything yourself for the bike, you too will realize that it isn't a big deal.
I think I'm missing something here. 
The purpose of these spools is to be used in conjunction with a rear stand correct?  I'm not worried about the extra 2 minutes, I'm worried about not being able to use the stand.  If the only thing these spools are good for is lubing the chain then why even bother?  You don't even need a stand to lube the chain.  My only concern is getting the rear wheel off the ground to be able to perform maintenance on the bike; sprockets, chain, remove wheel, etc.

Guest whitegas
I think I'm missing something here. 
The purpose of these spools is to be used in conjunction with a rear stand correct?  I'm not worried about the extra 2 minutes, I'm worried about not being able to use the stand.  If the only thing these spools are good for is lubing the chain then why even bother?  You don't even need a stand to lube the chain.  My only concern is getting the rear wheel off the ground to be able to perform maintenance on the bike; sprockets, chain, remove wheel, etc.
Ah, I get you now. 
Yeah my rear stand doesn't use spools so I was thinking from my own personal viewpoint.  I completely understand what you guys are saying now.

My mistake.  Didn't occur to me until now how ridiculous rear axle spools are.  Looks like you can only use them for some of the jobs. 

• Premium Member
I stand corrected. You are right,  the chain can not be adjusted when the spools are on.  I still think they would come in handy for chain lube, but they are sliders too (although I'm not sure if they would be the contact point in a slide), so...  It's a trade off.  I lube my chain much more than adjust it, or change the rear tire, and for lubing alone, without a center-stand,  it seems worth it. Taking them off and putting them back on is  2 minutes of work.    

Why can't left turners see us?

Pit Bull Standard Rear Stand

The Pit Bull Standard Rear Stand lifts non-spool equipped bikes by supporting the swingarm with rubber pads. It is width adjustable to fit virtually all sport bikes.
Padded stands aren't as secure, but they beat no stand.

There are rear "spools" that are available allowing rear wheel removal and chain adjustment. This version is right off the Yamaha OEM euro accessory catalog.http://www.yamaha-motor.eu/eu/products/motorcycles/mt/mt-07.aspx?view=accessories&partcode=1WS-F5389-00-00&year=2015

I have these and they are premium quality. The chain adjustment mechanism alone is worth it. For N. Americans they are available through euro ebayers as they are not in our dealers catalogs.

I went with the Twisted Throttle SW Motech center stand once available which I have posted another thread. Check it out!

Has anyone used the HF rear wheel roller, for chain Cleaning/Lubing it allows you to be able to roll the rear wheel for cleaning chain and adjusting chain tension.
Sale on them now $25.00
http://www.harborfreight.com/motorcycle-wheel-cleaning-stand-98800.html

I use a motorcycle lift/jack, when i need to change a rear tire/remove a wheel, on a bike that does not have a centerstand

• Global Moderator

Why not just buy a paddock stand instead? It would be more useful and cost about the same. I got mine on sale at HF and have been happy with it.

Archived