The MT-07 Forum

For those that installed OES frame sliders

ericpev

• Premium Member

Just a quick question but after removing the original bolt, do I leave the washer in and then install the slider or do I take it out as well. Sorry if this is a noob question

Been awhile since I've installed mine but If I remember, the sliders came with new bolts and washers. Take out the old bolts and washer if the factory used a washer, then use the bolt and washer included with the sliders to install them.

• Premium Member

I definitely see the oes washer that goes inside the slider with the bolt but I am talking about one between the slider and the bike itself. Like in order it would be: original washer->slider->oes washer->oes bolt? Is there even an original washer? Thought I saw one in the pictures of the how-to thread. I just want to confirm before I go to put them on

• Global Moderator

I could not remember what I did so I just looked at my pile of parts that I have removed. I did not reuse the stock washers. They are sitting on a shelf with the bolts. I have had no troubles since I installed the sliders in August.

• Premium Member

I didn't reuse anything I pulled off of the original bolt(s). I've had mine installed since the beginning of July.

I just installed mine yesterday. Took the bike for a short ride and i THINK im noticing more vibration in my footpegs.

I torqued the bolts to 35 ft lbs, loosened them and then retorqued.

Im going to have to log more miles before i conclusively say that yes, there's more vibration.

• Premium Member

Just took a short ride on mine and didn't notice a significant increase in vibration. Mind you that I wasn't looking for it. Ill try to pay more attention.

On another note, install went smoothly! One side did feel a tad rougher screwing the bolt in but no matter how many times I tried, it felt that way. Very slight but I'm praying I didnt cross thread

• Global Moderator

The threads are long and coarse enough that I cannot see how you could cross thread it. It would take King Kong to screw it in all the way if it was cross threaded. I suspect you probably just got a bit of dirt on the thread. I would not worry about it.

• Premium Member

Like @mjh937 said, probably a little debris. Without lubrication sometimes threads will gall anyway whether they were clean or not.

Everything went braap.

Archived