The MT-07 Forum

Insurance for FZ-07

biker2014

my first bike insurance (and any insurance in the states actually) quote has come out as $740 for the year which i was pretty pleased with.

What do you pay and who with?

Can you have more than one bike on this insurance payment or does the amount increase/double??

• Global Moderator

There is a rather lengthy thread here about insurance prices. I am sure the rate would increase for more than one bike but would expect it would be less than double. Only your insurance agent knows for sure :)

There is a rather lengthy thread here about insurance prices. I am sure the rate would increase for more than one bike but would expect it would be less than double. Only your insurance agent knows for sure :)
oooops! sorry @mjh937 i should of known to search! 
sights set on that second bike already :D

• Global Moderator

No problem. It took me a while to find and I knew it existed. What are you thinking of getting for bike number two?

Well it may take me a couple years to get to that financial stages but...

Mv Agusta Brutale (Dragester maybe) or the Ducati Streetfighter blacked out are at the top of my list right now!

You have more than one? @mjh937

• Global Moderator

I just have my FZ. I would love to have a whiole stable full, but with a kid in college one is all I can justify. I am rather tight on garage space too.

I sat on both of those MV Augustas at the Vancouver bike show and like both of them a lot. I have a friend with a Streetfighter, but have not had a chance to ride it yet. It is hard to go wrong with a Ducati. I was a bit unimpressed with the Scrambler though. They felt a bit cheap for a Ducati.

My insurance out here in cali is sky high.. Im payin a premium of roughly $1500 for the year (full coverage) with progressive through usaa. And thats the cheapest of all the places ive been quoted! Possibly because its my first road legal bike and happens to be over 600ccs and im 24 years old. Im hopin in a few months when i turn 25 and have riding experience on paper that it will go down.

I'm 36. First bike I'm insuring, full coverage for loan reasons. Geico quoted me $2,000... lol Found Merkel, reasonable at $350 a year. Ended up going with Direct Auto/moto insurance for $16 a month!!! Geico can SMD.

In the UK I can get fully comprehensive on the 07 for $107 but strangely they want more to
insure my 40 year old Morini 350 with half the power.

Tried going through Allstate since I have my truck insured through them. Thought i would get a better deal. They wouldn't do it cause I haven't been riding for a year. But for shit's and giggles they quoted me $2,000. A buddy of mine got me in contact with his insurance guy and I pay $63 a month for full coverage also have a few speeding tickets.

Archived