handlebar risers?

jd

Thanks adv42, I owe you!

Just installed the risers with very little fuss:

_DSC9474a.jpg

_DSC9475a.jpg

_DSC9476a.jpg

_DSC9477a.jpg

Had to rework the clamps on the brake hose by about an inch. Clutch cable is a bit tight, but I may be able to free it up a bit. Used a couple scrap pieces of aluminum to move the cluster up.

So, I have some cables to return, and I'll own a $13.00 brake hose and $20.00 worth of shrink tube.

Rode it around for about 45 minutes, and like it just fine. Still riding one handed and slouching, so no improvement there, but it's more comfortable having the bar closer.

Thanks Again!

“The real cycle you're working on is a cycle called yourself.”
— Robert M. Pirsig (Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance: An Inquiry Into Values)

• 3 months later...

I don't think anybody will be able to help you, because the existing risers stay on the bike, with the aftermarket risers sandwiched in between the bodies and clamps. 

“The real cycle you're working on is a cycle called yourself.”
— Robert M. Pirsig (Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance: An Inquiry Into Values)

• Global Moderator

I will be testing out a lower than stock set of risers here shortly... im going the opposite direction and getting a new clamp base to bring the bars forward and lower with the ability to reverse that for highway riding
These are the risers i ordered
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B017W3Q86M/

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

• Global Moderator

I would say yes, but if the cheapo amazon ones dont work out then im screwed....

i'll leave it at a maybe for now

• Premium Member
I will be testing out a lower than stock set of risers here shortly... im going the opposite direction and getting a new clamp base to bring the bars forward and lower with the ability to reverse that for highway riding These are the risers i ordered
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B017W3Q86M/

Hmm, very interesting...let me know how it turns out :) 
- Paulie

• Global Moderator

Good news... they arrived today...

d78c53d60eb45742fbc70031dc9208ca.jpg

3716867e5938ce90e2ea7c8301a98c23.jpg

a32c325890f8585bc40e631bd6a1354e.jpg

92cdce893dd53e14fac85f6962550b51.jpg

Theres about a 3/4" drop over the stock risers
i'll do a final install tomorrow afternoon

• Global Moderator

@pattonme
you got the fz09 right? Any chance you can measure the height of your stock lower clamp?
i got a close up look at the 09 while at the dealer today... the stock clamps look to be about half the size of the 07 maybe those would work for me

• 10 months later...
If your interested I have the 1 inch risers that accept the instrument panel.  There yours for $90 which includes shipping.  Drop me a line at connellyt@sisqtel.net 

Still have these ? 

• 2 months later...

Hey guys,
So, this sucks.
I wanted to install 1" handlebar risers, and stock $20 risers from Amazon fit like a charm.
But the speedo is mounted on the bottom part of the stock handlebar mounts.
So now the speedo can no longer be mounted.

Anyone has a solution to mount the speedo on the bar that is now higher up?

• 2 years later...

Boy, here's bumping an old thread.  I was looking at sorkyah's plan to replace the factory risers with a lower set-- how did that work out?  From the parts diagram they look to be sold as a complete assembly with the lower clamp and bolts all one piece.  Can you get the bolts out?  If so, I'd try the old Sportster trick and raise the factory clamps with something underneath and use longer bolts.  Steel shaft collars from the hardware store worked great on an 883, I'm wondering about something along those lines on this bike...???

Sarah    

In case somebody else has the same question-- yep, all one piece so no, can't get the bolts out. 

Sarah

• Like 1