The MT-07 Forum

handlebar risers?

jd

Anyone tried any bar risers? looks like someone put 1 Inch risers and it fit, but maybe tight? anyone else need a little more pullback? I imagine anything more would need new brake line at minimum? just asking... thanks. josh

foxtrotzulu07

I have about 1" risers. Don't think one could go much more without re-routing/changing the length of wires/cables/hoses.
I am going to look into those options as I want to go higher and make the bars come back closer to the rider.

Thanks for the reply, I'm going to try the 1 inch, see how it goes, did you have to relocate any cables? or maybe move the mirrors in closer?

• 2 months later...
  • Premium Member
applekoolaid

What kind of risers did you get?

connellyt

One inch risers will work but you will have to buy the ones that accept the instrument panel or buy a bracket to hold the panel. Both are available

connellyt

I have both and each works well. An additional benefit of the bracket, the panel is closer so my aging eyes don't have to strain as much to read the data, especially the tach

TC

• 1 month later...
  • Premium Member

400 mile trip last weekend and my back was not happy bent over like that for hours. Anyone have a link or part number for the riser?

• 2 weeks later...

If your interested I have the 1 inch risers that accept the instrument panel.  There yours for $90 which includes shipping.  Drop me a line at connellyt@sisqtel.net

Everyone asking in this thread what brand and where to get the risers and nobody answers. Help a guy out. My back hates me at the end of the week after commuting every day. I guess I'm out of shape.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
n2shotokai
Everyone asking in this thread what brand and where to get the risers and nobody answers. Help a guy out. My back hates me at the end of the week after commuting every day. I guess I'm out of shape.
Just received some risers and will install tonite. Will let you know. 

• Premium Member
n2shotokai

Okay, used:
http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/sw-motech-78-handlebar-risers25 mm in black. The 28mm may work, cables are getting tight.
http://www.motomachines.com/Hepco-Becker-Instrument-Riser--Yamaha-FZ-07_p_5051.html

So now I am almost completely straight up, no more hunched over and I can see the instrument panel much better.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Thank you for posting your results @n2shotokai

I ordered the parts and hope to follow in your footsteps in a more relaxed ride very soon! The install seems fairly straight forward, any tips or tricks that might help keep the "I dropped the stupid little washer down into the thing and now I have to remove the rear wheel assembly to install these risers" scenario from happening?

Thanks!
-OS

• Premium Member
n2shotokai

I read somewhere, someone rerouted the wiring harness for the instrument cluster from under and behind the bars to in front of the bars.
Hang on to the bars when you loosen the clamps so it does not scratch up your tank. Would be easier with two people but I did it by myself.

• 2 weeks later...
amycyclenut

I installed the 25mm risers and the HB instrument riser as well. This is a no-brainer install. I'm only 5'4" so even this amount of pull back is very helpful.

2015 FZ-07
1986 FZ600
1974 CB450
1973 RD350
sold: 1970 CB350, 1972 CB175, 2009 Vespa S 150

I did mine yesterday with bar risers that had an integrated threaded hole for the cluster to bolt right into. It's subtle, but it helps. I need to do another long ride and see how my back holds up, seems like it should be better already.

• 1 month later...
Is this 30mm height too high to work? 

!B9jpU+wBGk~$(KGrHqYOKpwEy+jC0Ql3BM6L2erf1g~~0_12.JPG
I can see routing the instrument cluster cable up the middle for added length, but the brake, clutch, throttle and other electrical cables might not reach.  Could turn into a project!

“The real cycle you're working on is a cycle called yourself.”
— Robert M. Pirsig (Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance: An Inquiry Into Values)

Well, I want to go on record saying this "project" is going to happen.

$_57.JPG
I asked in another thread, if I might have the wherewithal to take on a vintage bike?  So, how could I even think I might be able to handle that, if I can't do a simple handlebar riser?
I know I can extend the electrical.  Just a lot of time and patience there.  I believe I can use a universal throttle cable kit to extend that.  Same with the clutch.
But, I'm curious about the brake hose.  They route it from the right to the left caliper for some reason.  If I took it straight down to the right side, I could easily pick up that two inches.  Not sure if the bracket has a mounting point on the right, but I'll find out.  Worse case is I'll have to buy a brake hose, big deal.
Just wanted this on record, so I'll be committed to doing this.  IT IS GOING TO HAPPEN!

• Like 1

“The real cycle you're working on is a cycle called yourself.”
— Robert M. Pirsig (Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance: An Inquiry Into Values)