The MT-07 Forum

Dams in Florida?

cborcafz07

Apparently there are! Lived in Florida for 17 years, and had no idea Florida had any dams, big or small. Amazing what you discover riding around on a bike! lol Anyway, not bad for a phone camera. 

PicsArt_1422899236241.jpg

PicsArt_1422899593111.jpg

PicsArt_1422899957944.jpg

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick
 Amazing what you discover riding around on a bike!  

Very true! I've lived in the same area all my life and am going places and discovering things I hadn't seen before I rode a bike! 

Illegitimi non carborundum

There are tons of dams in florida. especially in south florida canals and around the lakes throughout the state to help with the water levels.

• 1 month later...
Where in Florida. I am in tampa just relocated and I hate the roads here, so straight.
I completely agree! If you're one of those people who enjoy driving, the roads are shit here, sooooo boring. You really have to search for interesting roads to ride on, they're so few. I found this damn on Deer Park Rd, it's a bit east of Orlando. Has a few turns, nothing to get excited about, but the scenery is pretty nice. Ocala has some cool roads to ride on, just a bit of a drive for me to get there.

Where in Florida. I am in tampa just relocated and I hate the roads here, so straight.
I completely agree! If you're one of those people who enjoy driving, the roads are Shet here, sooooo boring. You really have to search for interesting roads to ride on, they're so few. I found this damn on Deer Park Rd, it's a bit east of Orlando. Has a few turns, nothing to get excited about, but the scenery is pretty nice. Ocala has some cool roads to ride on, just a bit of a drive for me to get there.

Thanks for tip. I'll need to go exploring some more.

• Premium Member
snowdriftless

Nice pics! My grandparents used to live in Florida. I can remember seeing dams off the road when we were traveling around and I always wondered what they were for. Fun Fact: Did you know that the Florida Everglades are actually a slow moving river?

P1: Vice? I have no vice, I'm as pure as the driven snow!
P2: Yeah but you've been drifting

All the gear all the time!

I'm near Ocala, there are some half-decent roads around here - nicer than in south-central anyway. Lots of Dams around here, too!!

• 2 months later...
IKR! I have to ride outside in the country to find any twisties and they are short and very few in my area. I miss Indiana and Ohio ..... for the twisties and seasons only.

Beemer

Archived