The MT-07 Forum

OEM Bags and Mounts

txgrantmac

Does anyone have the Yamaha OEM bags and mounts installed on their FZ? I ride a bit to work but mostly on several hour weekend rides. Want something that could fit lunch, water, tool kit, hat, and shoes.  I've considered a tail bag, a GIVI trunk, and some soft bags. The OEM bags and mounts seem pricey, but if they keep the look clean and have enough storage, it could be worth it. 

Pics would be awesome.  Thanks!

• Premium Member

21 liters per bag, expandable to around 25 liters each. Each bag has a small exterior pocket as well.. good for something like phone, wallet or keys.

Everything went braap.

Could one of you post a picture from behind. I want to see how much the bags and turn signals overlap. I want some bags but because of my fender eliminator my turn signals are in the way.

• Premium Member

Will when I return home. My opinion is that you can make them fit, but at the cost of visibility from the rear obliques/side.

Edit: forgot, you can adjust the top Velcro straps, so they'll fit mostly anything methinks.

Everything went braap.

I agree. I like that they were obviously built to flow with the bike. For ~130 bucks cheaper, I'm thinking about going with the Ogio Saddlebags though. http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/ogio-saddlebags

I like the Ogio tail bag that a few members have. I'll wait and see if I'm packing enough to warrant more storage than that. Thanks for all the input and pics, everyone!

• 10 months later...

Archived