The MT-07 Forum

Finally got my Exhaust On (Akrapovic)

sfv07

Hey guys. Update on my bike.

Purchased the Akrapovic Titanium Exhaust from Revzilla (great website). I ordered it on last Sunday and came in on Tuesday.

Installed it yesterday. My frist time installing a full exhaust kit on a bike.. previously owned a 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250  8-)... Overall installation took me almost 2 hours. I did it solo were people usually have a friend help out.

Here is a pic...

http://i1375.photobucket.com/albums/ag473/daniel_s0ns/7B5994AD-0A31-4F43-881B-4998632C7AB5_zpsiem3nphf.jpg

I'll upload some more soon and maybe a vid. One thing I will say is that exhausts sound way different when comparing between youtube vids and in person.

Im really happy with the way it turned out because I personally think the Akrapovic Ti is the best looking on this bike..

Happy Sunday and its the Superbowl!!

Did the can come with that sticker on it? I have seen a couple of different cans on this exhaust. One with the bright lettering like this one and one with a dark gray lettering that is more subtle.

• Premium Member

FZ07 Akrapovic comes with the colored sticker and MT07 Akrapovic comes with the dark lettering.

• Global Moderator
...One thing I will say is that exhausts sound way different when comparing between youtube vids and in person
How different? Do you like the 'live' sound of the akra? Is it better then what you can find online?

• Premium Member
...One thing I will say is that exhausts sound way different when comparing between youtube vids and in person
How different? Do you like the 'live' sound of the akra? Is it better then what you can find online?
It's the same with all exhausts. The sound of it is always better in person. I've seen most all of the Akra exhaust videos before the purchase of mine and while its close to what it sounds like its not the same. 

• Global Moderator

Sweet. I'm still considering one of these. Hence the questions. Does the sticker come off or do you have to apply it yourself? Do you have to repack them just like the Yoshi?

• Premium Member

Sticker comes on the exhaust (FZ07 version), installed already. You can take it off if wanted. Sorry, not too familiar with Yoshi's exhaust. By repack you mean the dampening material inside the muffler? Yes, they mention how to do this in the install instructions.

Guest whitegas

Yeah unfortunately all aftermarkets will need a repack down the road. They don't have that huge ass bloated portion that you see on the stock muffler which allows those to go for years.

I like the live sound of the Akra. When I was doing research on which exhaust to install on the bike, almost all youtube vids sounded the same. So my next option was which looked best on the bike. IMO, the Akra Ti gave it the aggressive look I am after.

I have yet to see another FZ-07 here in Los Angeles, CA that has an after market exhaust, so I cant really compare it "live" to any other. The exhaust still has to break in but to me, the bike sounds deeper at idle .

Sweet. I'm still considering one of these. Hence the questions. Does the sticker come off or do you have to apply it yourself? Do you have to repack them just like the Yoshi?

The sticker came on the exhaust already. Im sure you can remove it though. 

I was actually debating to do that, but i ket it for now.

2 hours!

I have been waiting for my Akra Ti to come... Pulled it off Friday while waiting for the delivery guy... didn't come.

Was told friday after non delivery that it would be today.
Didnt come.. surprise surprise.
Had the exhaust off in anticipation again. Whacked it back on.

its 8 bolts and a o2 sensor.

But that said, I cant wait til it arrives, I am hoping tomorrow.

You got the db killer in still?
I rode one with no db killer.. evil smiles all around :)

I saw your user name is SVF ? do you live in the san fernando valley and if so where? i just got this bike in october love it.

I saw your user name is SVF ? do you live in the san fernando valley and if so where? i just got this bike in october love it. 

Ha yeah man... 

Im in Panorama City to be exact....

I've had mine since July and it surely is a blast to rip on the streets and canyons... specially with all the traffic we got here...

There is someone that live near me with a Orange FZ-09.. I always run into him on my way to work..

@sfv07

did you get a fuels controller or any other parts or just sa straight swap? i have one ordered and heard various points on whether other parts like a controller are really needed or not?

@whitegas

im a novice!! what does repack mean??

thanks to both of you!

It's a different model muffler, but demonstrates what a repack of a typical non-stock muffler is like: 

Woah there is NO chance i'd do that myself! How often does this need to be done??? Id never heard of this procedure before

@sfv07 
did you get a fuels controller or any other parts or just sa straight swap? i have one ordered and heard various points on whether other parts like a controller are really needed or not?

@whitegas

im a novice!! what does repack mean??

thanks to both of you!
just did a straight swap. I am planning on purchasing the fuel controller next.

• Premium Member

So how much diff between DB killer in and out. I love the looks of this exhaust (not hanging out the side), but I don't want it to be obnoxiously loud, just louder than stock and DEEPER!

Why can't left turners see us?

So how much diff between DB killer in and out. I love the looks of this exhaust (not hanging out the side), but I don't want it to be obnoxiously loud, just louder than stock and DEEPER!
I still have to try it without the dB killer... from what Im reading on these forums, should be interesting  8D

• 3 months later...

Almost done installing mine but uge problem. Has anyone had a problem with the o2 sensor not fitting in the hole? The hole on my to akrapovic is bigger then the o2 sensor. Any ideas??

Wonder if they welded in the wrong O2 bung??

Current ride = 2014 Moto Guzzi California 1400 Custom

• Premium Member

I removed the stickers from mine before I installed it. They looked kinda cheap to me and one was already lifting off on one end. I decided to remove it before it had a chance to bake on and be more difficult. It was simple and I used some alcohol to remove the residue, then did the recommended polish with WD40 (which works really well, btw, for keeping the can looking nice).

Why can't left turners see us?

Archived