The MT-07 Forum

Need gear advice

rapture333

• Premium Member
@tino206 as much as I adore my Dainese gear, I wouldn't quite consider it budget gear. If I wanted a budget leather jacket I would probably look into Joe Rocket, Sedici, etc
I agree not quite a "budget" gear, but man that jacket..I love it! I feel so secure it in..worth every penny

Also make sure your have good protection for joints like knees, elbows, wrists and shoulders. Don't skimp on knee pads and the like. Also, back protector is a must. You don't want to find out the hard way.

fromthecage
I owned full gear before I purchased a motorcycle. It's definitely an investment that you can't put a price on. Being protected in case you go down is a must. With that being said Dainese makes some solid breathable textile jackets.
They also make some pretty bomb perforated leather jackets. I love mine.

When I lived in Thailand I wore a perforated leather jacket, gloves, helmet, Kevlar jeans and riding shoes. On long rides I would wear leather pants.
I lost the shoes in Vietnam and switched to sneakers. Foolishly I would do quick jaunts with just helmet and gloves.

Honestly, it is tempting and sometimes more comfortable to dress down, but if your time is up, you will wished you were wearing it. Since I need new shoes I am going for a full boot, seen some nasty foot and leg injuries even with riding shoes.

I say suck it up and wear textile gear all the time if the heat is bothersome, and drink lots of water, I know the heat and humidity is brutal.

Archived