Sign in to follow this  
ericpev

Tank protector wobble

ericpev
I noticed that the black tank protector part moves a little side to side. Just wondering if this is normal or is mine just loose. Thanks for the help in advance

Guest August BB
Yes mine wobbles as well. I thought it was just from me constantly removing the tank plastics (done it 3 times now) but apparently that can be normal even if you've never removed the panels. I'm assuming some people don't have the wobble.

edit:  for anyone else who comes in to read this topic, wobble probably refers just to the "side to side" sliding of the piece.

ericpev
Thanks for the reply August! I mean no big deal since she she still rides amazingly but just curious about other's bikes

Guru
I just had to know, so I went over to the bike to test the Tank Protector Wobble (TPW).

I too can move it slightly from side to side but the TPW only occurs if I apply some force. There is a bit of play in the plastic lip at the top of the tank protector and the scew at the bottom seems to tilt slightly when I push the protector to the left or right. I wouldn't call it a wobble though.

hobbs
Mine slides around a small amount with a little assistance, but I wouldn't say wobble because it sits flush against the panels.
  • Like 1

Everything went braap.

ericpev
Thanks for the replies all. Yeah I guess using the term "wobble" was a bit of an exaggeration as my original concern seems to be exactly what you guys are describing. Thanks for the help

rick
Considering how well and tight everything else fits together, this drove me a bit nuts. I put some foam tape under the front where it mounts.

dewski
I too had the wobble and didn't like it. Took it off and added a couple of felt stick on pads under it and also put a bit of tape around the top tab...no more wobble!