The MT-07 Forum

What kind of MPG do you guys get?

Guru

OK, for those who are not too sure how to calculate mpg.
You fill up the bike. Reset the trip meter.
Have fun with the bike.
When refilling, check how many gallons the full tank takes and how many miles you have on the trip meter.
Divide the Miles you have done since the last fill up per Gallons you just put in.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Premium Member
crazycracka501

I have 1113.7 miles on my bike. Last trip was a total of about 700 mi. First 350 mi were all canyons, twisties (was riding hard and fast) and some in town (moderate as I did not know the town or police lol) and last 350 miles of my was all freeway at 80 MPH. Computer says average 47 MPG. All fuel was Chevron 91 octane.

Make it stop!....Now make it go faster!

• Global Moderator

My board computer says 4.7 l/100km which is 50 mpg, but it turns out to be not very accurate, mine was about 10% off but I only tested it once. On average the fuel consumption is better that the dash says.

Best thing to do is follow cassecou's advice.

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick
I am only getting around 42-44mpg... WTF if going on???? Highway riding not start and stop.
Does the eco light ever come on when you are riding? It is in the upper right of the multi-function meter unit. That's when you are getting the best mpg. You can also set it up to tell you how much mpg you are getting as it's happening in real time, as well as cumulative.

Illegitimi non carborundum

• Global Moderator

Welcome @tschenck! Glad you could join. Is the 47mpg according to your dash or did you do the math?

I am only getting around 42-44mpg... WTF if going on???? Highway riding not start and stop.
I think my average according to the bike computer is 42MPG, over the coarse of 1.5 weeks since taking delivery at the dealer.  That's with mostly city riding and about half of that is bumper-to-bumper commuting about 10 miles to and from work.  

How many miles on your bike?  It'll start out pretty crappy and get better as you put more mileage on the bike.  

Life is good on 2 wheels!

I think my average according to the bike computer is 42MPG, over the coarse of 1.5 weeks since taking delivery at the dealer.  That's with mostly city riding and about half of that is bumper-to-bumper commuting about 10 miles to and from work.   
How many miles on your bike?  It'll start out pretty crappy and get better as you put more mileage on the bike.  
I have about 750 miles on it. I commute 150 mile per day to and from work. I live about a half mile off the freeway and work about a mile off it... 

I'm in the 500 mile range and my mpg varies. The bikes computer hovers around 50mpg.

Now the fun part. I went to the bike store the other day to pick up some stuff and I took the highway b/c I was short on time. Highway mpg was not as good as I thought it would be, but then I tucked in on the bike. The mpg would jump 10 miles. I did this at 60, 70 and 80 (all in 6th gear).

• Premium Member

Good to know, I tuck on the interstate with anything above 75.

Keep the rubber side down and the shiny side up.

• Premium Member

Computer says 55.6. Keep forgetting to reset the trip to manually calculate. Did it once and still came to about 55.

640 miles, 60-70% highway, the rest city.

Everything went braap.

A little over 1000 miles and I run my bike with a mix between cruising and hard riding. My average is 53.9 mpg. No highway. 

• Premium Member

Bike says average is 56MPG US. I'm mainly on the highways, lane splittin' thru all the CA traffic.
Have a little over 1,500+ miles.

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

I'm currently at 53 mpg according to the dash. I'll need to actually calculate it at the next fill up and report back. I will note that I am a new rider still in the break-in period so my riding style is a wild mix of slow and fast acceleration from a stop.

Archived