The MT-07 Forum

What kind of MPG do you guys get?

Guru

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a coincidence!! Thats exactly my average too @cjwwd2. Everyday like clockwork, 126 miles and just about 2.3 gallon fill up.

I know you'll find this hard to believe. I couldn't believe it. I just got back from a country ride. Filled up before. Did all country roads and a couple top speed runs.  
Averaged 62 mpg.

Whaaaa??? That can't be right. And I'm in the US. Tripometer had 168 miles and I always fill up to the ring. It took 2.7 gallons.
I believe it. A lot of my rides are in the country and that's what I get. 

Yeah, I'm getting in the low to mid 40's,
I'm sure that's because my Akra-Ti and EJK have really made my wrist continually
rotate that throttle!   

Guest Ralph

MPG depends mostly on how you ride and where you ride,
luckily we are all different in our ways of doing things
I get good MPG but my way of riding would likely send
some of you to sleep, when younger I used to get about 23
mpg from a 650 Triumph, I did 300 miles on Friday about
200 of those at around 70 mph and it did 67 US MPG it's
slightly better than the Burgman 400 I PX'ed for it.

If you get the bike rolling and keep it rolling, MPG will be a lot better than constantly accelerating and then slowing and then accelerating and then slowing, etc., etc.

fooschnickens

I've been getting consistent 50mpg around town with plenty of romping between stops. My best tank so far has been 55mpg after a long highway stretch. I have no doubt I can get it higher after adding a windscreen and showing some right handed restraint :P

If you get the bike rolling and keep it rolling, MPG will be a lot better than constantly accelerating and then slowing and then accelerating and then slowing, etc., etc.

This is exactly true, especially for this bike. We know the stop and go kills mileage in general, but it must reeeeeally kill it on this bike. The 62 mpg my bike got the other day included a lot of aggressive riding AND two top speed runs, one up to indicated 126 and the second indicated 129(kinda scary on a naked bike and with a action can on your head), where the top speed was sustained for at least 8 seconds.

Takes a while to get up to indicated 129 and hold it there. I wonder what my mileage would have been without the top speed runs.

I'm at 44 mpg. About 10 miles of city streets each day. Definitely beats the STi's 17 mpgs.

• Premium Member

My dash shows an avg of 48.8 mpg prolly cuz I ride it like my wr250f...

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

fooschnickens
My dash shows an avg of 48.8 mpg prolly cuz I ride it like my wr250f...
The dash also is a bit off, people typically see real-world numbers that are much higher (usually about 10% or so). Mine currently is saying 46mpg when I'm actually getting 50+. 

• Premium Member

After I reset my dash and went of a 4hr blessing of the bike trip....I got 60mpg based on the distance I went and how much gas I put in the tank to fill it up and it matched my dash at 60mpg...

MPG is directly related to right wrist movement...

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

My mileage for my last tank was 61.43MPH. It's usually around 55MPH. The reason, my son just started riding last year and we've been riding together so I can point out things to make him safer. It's forcing me to ride a little bit slower and more reserved.....  I found a 2003 Suzuki SV650 for him with only 1326 actual miles on it and it is absolutely spotless. Even came with a full M4 exhaust, power commander and rear seat cowl. Only $2900 and all I had to do was get some new tires. 

• 1 month later...

I'm glad I checked this thread out. I was taking the mid to high 40s the dash was showing me as the truth, but when I did the math for my 142 mile commute, using the 2.6 gal I typically fill up with each day, I actually get low 50s.

fooschnickens
I wish i could change mine to imperial. Who the hell understands L/100km anyways....
You can, but it will also make everything else measure in imperial units as well. 

I've only put two tanks through mine, but am averaging 59.xxMPG. Using 85 Octane at altitude. 50% Highway
165 Miles & 2.781 Gal and then 153 Miles & 2.567 Gal.

The fuel light is very conservative. I get paranoid when the fuel bar is flashing. I guess when I get used to how far I can actually ride on a tank of gas I'll be less concerned

• 4 weeks later...
Motorboat McGoat

Took a 161 mile trip from Orem, UT to Bear Lake, UT. Got 59 MPG.
Canyon carving I got 47 MPG, keeping revs 6000+.
Average seems to stick around 55-56 MPG.

This is with 91 octane gas.

I have the full Yosh exhaust + EJK w/baffle removed.

Archived