The MT-07 Forum

What kind of MPG do you guys get?

Guru

• Premium Member

I manually calculated 66 mpg yesterday. Had 1 bar left, filed it with 2.3 gallons and had 153 miles on the trip. Pretty happy with that.

This tank would have been entirely pure gas, since the last fill was also pure but there was about a gallon of blended ethanol crapola. Should be little to no ethanol left in my bike.

Riding style during my commuting hours is average-mild. Not gunning it the whole way home but not babying it. Interstate speed of 65-75 depending on the area.

Everything went braap.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Premium Member
hippiebikerchick

My bike's computer is stating 54 mpg but some of you are manually calculating mpg with different results. Does this mean our computers aren't accurate?

Illegitimi non carborundum

• Global Moderator

I will have to do some more testing, but I have the impression the computer is pessimistic.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Global Moderator

My on board computer is definitely 10% pessimistic.

My dash reported 50.05 mpg
and I manually did the math: 55.52 mpg

I wonder if there is a way to have them calibrate it so it is more accurate.

My on board computer is definitely 10% pessimistic. 
My dash reported 50.05 mpg
and I manually did the math: 55.52 mpg

I wonder if there is a way to have them calibrate it so it is more accurate.

Good catch. I don't think it can be calibrated. There are too many variables for the on board computer to be able to keep up with real mpg.
But knowing the computer is pessimistic, everyone will now need to use a calculator and a brain to average the real mpg.

• Premium Member
crazycracka501

Use brain!! Too much thinky...it hurting!!  :P

Make it stop!....Now make it go faster!

I have been getting 46.6 mpg according to my computer little over 1000 miles on the bike.I don't baby her 8-),using 89 or 87 mostly,did try premium doesn't make any difference.I haven't found ethanol free gas station would like to try that next and brain calculation to see if computer is right.

I have been logging my FZ's fuel usage since new on Fuelly and display my running mileage in my signature. It's easy to use.
www.fuelly.com  

FJR1300A,Triumph S3,Ducati S2R1000
VisitedStatesMap2011.jpg 310820.png

After installing my EJK my bike now reads at 59.1 MPG before the install it read anywhere between 53 and 54. And I usually do a few blasts every time I go out riding.

I have been logging my FZ's fuel usage since new on Fuelly and display my running mileage in my signature. It's easy to use. www.fuelly.com  

Pretty interesting numbers. Looks like the NC700X does about 10mpg (65mpg) better than the FZ-07 (55mpg) average, without the fun of it. I wished there were a way to keep the MT-07 and FZ-07 together, but they go by model numbers.
I will certainly join in as soon as I get the bike.

• Premium Member

At 2,200 miles I've had mpg dip to 59 thus far, averaging 63. After exhaust and EJK controller I'm curious to see how it'll affect it.

Everything went braap.

• Global Moderator

44 on a Harley actually seems quite respectable. The FZ-07 will be a lot more fun though.

I just rode my new FZ-07 840 miles from San Diego to Albuquerque, mostly off the interstate, average 65-75 mph. I got 57.5 mpg. In town haven't kept exact record but around 50 so far.

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick

Welcome rogerfkropf! Glad you found our forum! Feel free to introduce yourself here.

Illegitimi non carborundum

• 3 months later...

5'6 110 pounds, in southern california, use 91 octance gas, get 35 mpg

I'm just a soul whose intentions are good

• Global Moderator

So far on twelve tanks I have an average of 52.74 mpg. I do not try to ride efficiently at all, but I am not yet skilled enough to ride like a hooligan.

As an expat American living in Australia since 2004 I must admit Metric system makes more sense. Everything is divisible by 10 or 100. But I will never forget being at the deli and asking for a 1/4 lb or roast beef and it was like I was speaking Chinese. Then I was at Bunnings (Aussie version of Home Depot) and asking for 14 inches of something and it was like I might as well be speaking Russian b/c they dont know what I'm talking about.

652 miles.

Mostly highway, some town but very little. I average between 74 and 80 mph. My on board gauge reads 48.8. I am using 87 octane.

I kind of wish it was in the 50's but im 6'0 and 205 pounds so i would imagine my tall(ish) frame is adding wind resistance and my weight doesnt help.

• 3 weeks later...

According to fuelly the average of the fz07 is 54.7. With my current bike I am a good 12 mpg less than its average of 68 mpg. I was really hoping the fz07 would return me 55 mpg or even 50 if/when I get one.

I have only used 6 tanks since purchase the day after xmas. The least I have got was 62.6 and the best was 68 mpg. I ride pretty normal with some burst of accel. No blipping of throttle at stops, avoid long warm up and drive easy until bike is warmed up. This is all checking mileage and fuel not per the computer.

• 2 weeks later...

On a 200 mile trip I got 50.5.that wasdoing 70-90mph. On my commute to work I'm getting about 43mpg all city driving. I'm constantly being a hooligan on this thing though

Archived