The MT-07 Forum

exhaust with ejk or not?

pj

If I have enough for a two brothers exhaust full set up alone or a yoshimura with a ejk for the same? I hear two brothers claim with there exhaust for fz07 a fuel solution is not needed.

• Premium Member

I, personally, would go with Yosh + EJK. I don't think you absolutely need the jet kit with the Yosh either. The kit is nice, easy to setup and you won't be disappointed in the least bit.

I don't much dig the 2 bros though, so my opinion has a bias.

Everything went braap.

Check out this post from "dewski" it might sway you toward the yosh! Although not needed, the EJK will certainly be benifcial.
I went with the MIVV GT exhaust and EJK and love the sound. Nice deep growl and not crazy loud.

Who all is running the Two Brothers pipe?

I took mine on a 2nd, longer ride today and I am afraid it is a bit too loud for my liking/comfort. It draws A LOT off attention even when I am barely on the throttle. Sounds pretty much like a straight pipe! Don't get me wrong, it sounds badass but not sure I want to sound like that ALL the time and I'm afraid it will be a total cop magnet now. Wondering if they make a decibel killer for it or perhaps mine was shipped without one. Just wondered who else was running it and what their thoughts were.

Here is a photo of the MIVV (it also comes in carbon fiber)

http://i1373.photobucket.com/albums/ag384/riverfox3/Motorcycles/20141220_160548_zpsedc94ce4.jpg

^^ looks like there is already a baffle installed on the pipe in the picture you posted above.
That picture is that of my MIVV GT exhaust that I posted just as an alternate possiblity for pj to view.

• 2 weeks later...

In regards to MIVV GT. With the DB killer, it's not much louder than stock. Without it I find it too loud, loss of power and the instant responsive torque down low. Does the EJK rectify this?

• Premium Member
In regards to MIVV GT. With the DB killer, it's not much louder than stock. Without it I find it too loud, loss of power and the instant responsive torque down low. Does the EJK rectify this?

It might, but no guarantees. Most of the exhaust options for the 07 seem to perform better with the baffle installed. Whether an EJK is used or not. The results almost unanimously seem to be a loss of responsiveness and torque. The EJK should mitigate some of the loss, but with the baffle in you'll gain torque and responsiveness.

I don't get the fixation with a lot of individuals trying to run without the baffle.
I guess some of the exhaust options are still really quiet? I can't imagine my slip on without a baffle. After a long ride, with earplugs I still have some residual ringing in the inner ear.

Everything went braap.

I'm pretty sure I heard here that the yoshi doesn't require an EJK either. However, I ordered mine just to be safe and see if I can squeeze out a little more juice and not run lean.

I never even took the baffle out of its wrapper when I installed the yoshi. I didn't lose any noticeable amount of torque or responsiveness. And arguing over back pressure holding your ponies into the bike is just gonna waste your time. Furthermore, for me, even in Orange County, the noise doesn't really attract too much attention. If anything it lets people know I'm there and that keeps me safe and gives me piece of mind.

'15 FZ-07
'93 Honda XR650L (supermoto/pig) (SOLD)

• 4 weeks later...

Check out some of the threads under the Dobeck Performance vendor section. There is feedback about the EJK and exhausts under the various threads.

Real opinions from real people.

Remember there is a 30 day money back guarantee with the EJK fuel controller. If you don't like the results, send it back.

--TuningHQ

d5c39f57-59c4-41a4-b04f-036c853f2a64_zpse3f79d78.jpg

I ordered the Two Brothers, based on how it sounded on FZ07's bike on Youtube. Also I called the guys at two brothers, and while he said it did not need it, it sounded like he recommended it...the Yoshi guys said the same thing. Originally I wanted the Yoshi, but the Two Brothers just grew on me.

• Premium Member

I definitely recommend the EJK, simple to use and the bike runs great with it!

I'm pretty sure I heard here that the yoshi doesn't require an EJK either. However, I ordered mine just to be safe and see if I can squeeze out a little more juice and not run lean.  
I never even took the baffle out of its wrapper when I installed the yoshi. I didn't lose any noticeable amount of torque or responsiveness. And arguing over back pressure holding your ponies into the bike is just gonna waste your time. Furthermore, for me, even in Orange County, the noise doesn't really attract too much attention. If anything it lets people know I'm there and that keeps me safe and gives me piece of mind.
Just a little note here... Back to back on the dyno there was a 2 HP lost at top end without the DBK. Both set up tuned with the EJK. Felt it too riding on the road. I didn't get deep into this since it wasn't my bike, if I ever get a FZ07 to replace the FZ6R I'll get into it. My educated guess is the airbox/induction area is the weakest link. Maybe some cam timing/design would help to make the engine breath a bit more too. 

Just a little note here... Back to back on the dyno there was a 2 HP lost at top end without the DBK. Both set up tuned with the EJK. Felt it too riding on the road. I didn't get deep into this since it wasn't my bike, if I ever get a FZ07 to replace the FZ6R I'll get into it. My educated guess is the airbox/induction area is the weakest link. Maybe some cam timing/design would help to make the engine breath a bit more too. 
Interesting, thanks for the input. Maybe I'll install the DBK for a weekend and see what I think. I enjoy the noise though.

'15 FZ-07
'93 Honda XR650L (supermoto/pig) (SOLD)

I got the m4 slip on if I get ejk is it pre set or do I have to turne it my self
You can ask the nice folks at Dobeck to pre-program it for you, but it's VERY simple either way! 

Got my EJK in the mail, Akra Ti gets here tue or wen, cant wait to get it all installed! THe EJK looks high quality - smaller than I expected. No bigger than a credit card.

RRokay Raggie

Archived