The MT-07 Forum

FZ Tag-Team Rideabout January 17 '15

scobiwonkenobi

scobiwonkenobi

Saturday January 17 - Time: Approx. 4 hours - Distance: Approx 60 miles

Met up with @ch3rryghost to get a nice morning ride in.
Started out leaving from Balboa Park and heading downtown, then up to Harbor Island park passing the SD International Airport. 
Looped back around to the downtown area and headed north via Pacific coast highway, to the backside of mission bay. 
Rode from there onto Mt. Soledad to stop and survey the city-scape. An executive decision was made that we had not rode enough and decided to continue on down the mountain and up to torrey pines. Now I had not ridden this area on my bike personally yet so it was really exciting to be taking these roads for the first time! Ch3rry can chime in with her experience on this first trip out and the trip she took later on in the day. It's very rare that I feel completely filled up by the beauty of something, but as we crested over Torrey Pines the beach came back into view and it completely filled me with awe at just how pleasing to the senses the sight of it was. Some a-hole in an SUV thought it would be nice to nearly hit me while making an illegal and dangerous u-turn...luckily no incident came of it. The last leg up the 101 through Del Mar and into Solana Beach was just too nice to try and put into words. It was now time for a stop at the gas station for fuel both the bikes and ourselves...I was frickin' hungry! After 2+ hours of riding over and through all kinds of roads and scenery I wanted to know if Ch3rry was up to taking on the freeway for the first time. She was and we headed onto the 5 south. Now earlier in the day I was sharing stories about using the freeway on the weekend to get comfortable since there was loads less traffic on the roads, and I figured today would be just like most weekends heading southbound, well I was wrong and it was a bit hairy for a few miles there. All in all an awesome ride.

Map

2015 FZ-07 # 468

• Premium Member

Fun ride, great option for times that you don't feel like you want a hair-raising cruise.

I'll never forget that ride as it was my first time on the freeway! Great opportunity to take that first step, it's amazing what confidence you gain purely by having another rider with you.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest daufcguy

if any of you fellow FZ-ers are looking for riding partners, let me know, me and my lady are pretty new to San Diego county and are always looking for people to ride with, my lady is pretty new to riding so we are cool with a laid back pace

Guest daufcguy

Ill tell you FZ-07 guys and gals what I told all my buds on the FZ-09 forum, hop on an airplane with your camping gear right now, fly to San Diego, rent an FZ and you can camp out in my back yard and we can do some good roads in february!

Archived