The MT-07 Forum

Two Brothers S1R exhaust - Dobeck Stage 1

dewski

Aha, I used electrical tape to hold those damn manifold things from jingling around all the time too. Took my system off just to clean the bike from the little salt I had on the bike from my last ride before the snow came. :D

Your gonna love the new sound. 2 brothers told me no fuel manag was necessary but I'm sure it will only help. Curious to see how you like it.

Who all is running the Two Brothers pipe?

I took mine on a 2nd, longer ride today and I am afraid it is a bit too loud for my liking/comfort. It draws A LOT off attention even when I am barely on the throttle. Sounds pretty much like a straight pipe! Don't get me wrong, it sounds badass but not sure I want to sound like that ALL the time and I'm afraid it will be a total cop magnet now. Wondering if they make a decibel killer for it or perhaps mine was shipped without one. Just wondered who else was running it and what their thoughts were.

Just searching on Two Brothers site and found this. http://www.twobros.com/soundsuppression/sparksoundarrest

I will for sure be getting one of these! Might get both the P1 and P1x tips to see which works better soundwise for me. I do like that the P1 tips come in colors including blue :) Pity that they didn't include one of these with the pipe considering the cost of the pipe.

if it is that loud with the P1... lol will for sure be getting the p1x to try. if it is still too loud for me, I may have to go in a different direction.

It does sound good and mean...just too damn loud (track bike straight pipe loud. Draws too much attention and I think I would be deaf on a longer ride and would rather not have to resort to earplugs, If I want that...I hope on my big cruiser with loud V&H pipes :)

I haven't installed the ejk yet, will report back once I get that in. I did notice a slight bit of loss of midrange torque as would be expected and I have only road it once so I am sure the ecu will still adjust as I ride more. Still pretty nippy here in Utah

Pulled out the P1 tip and ran it up the canyon this afternoon just to see what it was like. DAMN this thing is loud! Even in 6th gear I find myself looking for another gear since it is revving so loudly.  Had to put ear plugs in for the ride back down. I will for sure be getting the P1-X to install to see if it is bearable. It sounds amazing and really mean, but is just way too loud for my liking. Here are a few pics and a quick video I took. My camera REALLY tones down the sound. I can't rev it too much in the garage or the neighbors 5 houses down will be pissed lol

IMG_1176.JPGIMG_1174.JPGIMG_1174.JPG

IMG_1173.JPG  IMG_1171.JPG

Trust me, this thing is LOUD!  My camera really tones down the sound.  I only wanted to rev it a few times as to not piss off my neighbors too much. 
Again, this is with no sound suppressor (twobros calls them power tips)   I plan on installing the P1-X that they claim reduces 7-8 dB.  Sure hoping it does.

[video src=http://youtu.be/lKe1tfwBUho]

• Premium Member

I have the Yoshimura + EJK. It is supposed to hit 60 this week (Thurs - Sun) Maybe we can meet up and do a side by side comparo & vid. PM me if interested.
I have read that it takes a few solid rides to break the baffling in. Once it has some hours on it the materials absorb the sound better. No sure if this is true but I know on mine it does not seem as loud at when I first put it on. Maybe I am just going deaf and it just seems quieter. :)

I have the silencer in, I do wear earplugs on longer rides, and I think my helmet is pretty quiet.

I will say this... I think the Yoshi & Two Bros are two of the best looking exhausts for the FZ-07. The Graves is still the sexiest, It's just too expensive.

Ya @shalicke we will have to meet up sometime for sure to compare. I road a bit today before the rain came. I work every day this week except Thurs and will probably ski for part of the day. I'm in Orem...you?

UPDATE:
After talking to Two Brothers, they kindly sent me the P1-X powertip which is supposed to lower the dB by around 7. I installed it very easily and it has made SUCH a nice difference in the pipe volume. I now can ride without going deaf and more importantly, not drawing so much attention a block away, yet when I get on the throttle, it still sounds awesome. Best thing too...I can remove it in around a minute if I ever have the urge to go into 20 year old hooligan mode :D (mid 40s)

Loving the pipe a lot. When I get a chance I will install the EJK and report back. And yes, as seen by the 12k foot mountain behind the FZ, I'm lucky to live in a very beautiful place!
[video src=http://youtu.be/uBaMRbtKb4w]

Hey dewski, Thanks for the post! Based of your pictures and videos i went ahead and purchased the two brother S1R system with the P1-X tip.

I live and california and am concerned even with the P1-X that i still might draw too much attention, have you measured how many decimals this system outputs and do you think it should be a cause for concern? I live in the city.

Again, thanks for you posts!

@woosaaaw you will have to try it both without and with the P1x to really appreciate the difference. Take a ride without any powertip installed and then install the P1X and make a similar ride. It still sounds great with the tip in but takes a lot of "sharpness" out of the note. I really like that it can be installed/removed so easily so if I ever really want to make a lot of noise, I can very quickly :) Oh and I did also notice with the powertip installed, that it restored a titch more backpressure that helped with low end torque. Might have just been seat of my pants noticing or that I just wasn't so focused with how f'n loud I was riding down the block and looking for 5-0 lol

If my warm weather here in Utah continues, I should get a chance to install the EJK and I assume once that is in I will like it even that much more.

One bad thing about the pipe... I find myself riding that much faster just to hear her sing

• 2 weeks later...

Kit comes with P1 powertip; if you want the P1X powertip, let us know when you call to place your order.
P1 reduces Decibel level by 3-4Db
P1X reduces Decibel level by 7-8DB

-TuningHQ

d5c39f57-59c4-41a4-b04f-036c853f2a64_zpse3f79d78.jpg

• Premium Member
UPDATE: After talking to Two Brothers, they kindly sent me the P1-X powertip which is supposed to lower the dB by around 7. I installed it very easily and it has made SUCH a nice difference in the pipe volume. I now can ride without going deaf and more importantly, not drawing so much attention a block away, yet when I get on the throttle, it still sounds awesome. Best thing too...I can remove it in around a minute if I ever have the urge to go into 20 year old hooligan mode :D (mid 40s)

Loving the pipe a lot. When I get a chance I will install the EJK and report back. And yes, as seen by the 12k foot mountain behind the FZ, I'm lucky to live in a very beautiful place!
[video src=http://youtu.be/uBaMRbtKb4w]

Hey Dewski, I'm from UT too. Gotta love this winter so far! I really like the sound of the 2bros exhaust. The vid is with the px1 in right?  That's still pretty loud, but I  like it a lot.

Why can't left turners see us?

Hey @rowdy Where in utah are you? There are several of us now. Once it warms up to stay, we will all have to hook up and ride! I'm down in Orem.
Yes, that video above is after installing the P1-X. When I first installed the pipe, it didn't have any sound suppressor in it and it was ridiculously loud. The P1-X makes is almost just right. Loud when I want it but tolerable when cruising.

LOL, I am like a kid in a candy store...first I want Akro, then Graves, then Yoshi, then Ixil or Yoshi, then Ixil or 2 bros....think I might snag the 2 bros with EJK and a P1X tip

When I rode a cruiser it was like...I wanted just one set of pipes...CURSE YOU YAMAHA :) :) :)

• Premium Member
Hey @rowdy Where in utah are you? There are several of us now. Once it warms up to stay, we will all have to hook up and ride! I'm down in Orem. Yes, that video above is after installing the P1-X. When I first installed the pipe, it didn't have any sound suppressor in it and it was ridiculously loud. The P1-X makes is almost just right. Loud when I want it but tolerable when cruising.
Hey Dewwski, I'm in Taylorsville, I got a message from schalicke too, and I'm definitely up for joining an FZ-07 squadron. :) 

Why can't left turners see us?

• 3 months later...

Archived