The MT-07 Forum

LED Lights Front/Rear....

biker2014

Hi all!

Im picking my bike up in a few weeks!!

Just finalizing a few extras so I may make a few separate post in the next few days, this one is asking for help/advice on lighting...

I have seen these lights online and (this may be very stupid with the obvious answer) wonder if these sets of lights of classed as from/rear...

Front only or front AND rear: http://www.motostarz.com/filter-by-bike/yamaha/fz-09-mt-09-13-15/lightech-fre908ner-led-turn-signal-running-light-pair.html

Rear only in partnership with the above?: http://www.motostarz.com/filter-by-bike/yamaha/fz-09-mt-09-13-15/lightech-fre909ner-led-turn-signal-brake-light-pair.html

I know I'm stupid, i just don't want to mess up!!! THANKS!!!

Guest August BB

Well, to be fair, those italian lights are cheaper than most other italian turn signals, and they actually come in pairs, plus it has running lights and a 3rd wire for running lights! Sounds pretty good to me since nearly everything out there is not set up with running lights.

I honestly don't see how to set up the one with the brake light off the top of my head. Piggy-backing I suppose? Or just ignore the brake light wiring option.

• Global Moderator

I did mine myself. The front ones were pretty easy to do as the headlight assembly is easy to remove. The rear ones were a bit harder as I had to take all the plastics off. You need to do some soldering. I expect if the dealer did it they would have something to cover the holes. You can buy cover plates on eBay. The FZ-09 ones are the same size as ours.

Another thing to think about is you will need an electronic flasher relay or resistors if you do not want the faster flash rate (the flasher relay is cheap and easy to replace). Some guys like the fast flash. I wanted mine to flash at the normal rate.

Guest whitegas

Universal fitment lights do not anticipate which motorcycle you are buying them for, so they usually never come with the plates. Yeah just go to google or ebay and type in "Yamaha signal adapter plate". They should be around 10 dollars. These are mainly only for the front signal lights to cover up the gaps because the stalks of the universal signal is not the same shape as the OEM ones.

If you want to open up your options and reduce your pricepoint TC, also google magic blinkers. These cost 25 bucks and allows you to make any LED signal into running lights. Just know that many of these signals aren't meant to be running lights, so they may overheat and get fried because of that.

• 2 weeks later...
I really like those signals. They're pricey, but look very well made and have the DRL third wire, which you won't find on the cheap ones on amazon and ebay. I may have to get these when I get to my lights. Thanks for the find! 

Archived