The MT-07 Forum

Houston, Texas?

hypnotik

K's motorsports....17802 Hwy 59 N. Humble, TX 77396, 281-446-7165......ask for Craig Andrews. They are listed at msrp

• Global Moderator

There are quite a few members here who do not yet have an FZ-07. Most are planning on buying one sometime and some join to ask questions as they decide what bike they want to buy.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm on the north east side of houston just got my FZ-07 a week ago absolutely love it got to find some ppl to ride with though

dreadykrueger

I'm on the north east side of houston just got my FZ-07 a week ago absolutely love it got to find some ppl to ride with though

I'm in northwest Houston but work in Humble. I'm down to ride on my free days. Also, are you on motohouston?

I go out to the west side to visit my girl sometimes when I'm off and no im not on motohouston guess I need to go join lol

Sounds great but I have work and school on Mondays so I won't be able to make it only days I have off are Friday and Saturday evening and all of Sunday occassionally I have all of Saturday off

dreadykrueger

My days off are Thursday and Friday. Sometimes I'm lucky enough to get off early on monad and make it out there

• 5 months later...
  • Premium Member

Katy, TX checkin in! I occasionally see a few FZ09s flyin round but have yet to see a 7 anywhere in houston.

• 2 months later...

Dang didn't find this until just now. I'm in Humble off 1960 and Treschwig. I happen to have this Monday off as well and am going to do some riding once the sun has had a chance to knock the frost out of the air.

• Premium Member

Dang didn't find this until just now. I'm in Humble off 1960 and Treschwig. I happen to have this Monday off as well and am going to do some riding once the sun has had a chance to knock the frost out of the air.
Too bad I work tomorrow but I know that area well. Maybe I can catch up with ya on a weekend sometime.

I'm on a wierd rotating schedule man. Won't have a weekend off for the rest of the year, but we'll have to work something out. I saw your suspension thread and was curious about how it improved the handling.

• Premium Member

I'm on a wierd rotating schedule man. Won't have a weekend off for the rest of the year, but we'll have to work something out. I saw your suspension thread and was curious about how it improved the handling.
It's all good man, I'm off every fri-sun.
I took the bike out today and backed out the compression setting completely to see how it would react. Also removed some preload. Initial ride quality improved but small rippled pavement is still felt in the hands pretty bad. As for the rear shock from Mātris, that thing is like firm butter. So smooth out back it's nuts. I'll update that thread as I tweak the front.

That is good news man, I am a heavy dude and this little bike buckles under any kind of heavy braking, even letting off the throttle and engine breaking happens it'll dive up front a little bit.

• Premium Member

@cfzd yeah I'm about 220 (without gear) right now with my holiday weight in full effect! Lol
Even at low speed coming to stop lights I felt so stupid cuz it seemed no matter how gentle I was, I'd always pogo back n forth as it came to a stop. Even if the ride isn't perfect yet, at least that heavy dive is completely gone. Now Braking feels much stronger n actually lets you feel what the front tire is doing against the pavement.

• 2 months later...

i live in houston and i suspect there are riders from Texas on the FZ07.org Forum that may or may-not visit this area of the forum.Texas is included in the US "Southwest FZ-07 *Owners" forum; it's a big state with a diverse land scape.i'm *Always looking to learn something new about riding motorcycles and working on my FZ-07.
even though i'm a well-worn, albeit responsible adult, i'd ride many-a-mile if i knew i was going to have fun when I got there !

user1

Archived