The MT-07 Forum

busted by the police!

montyst

Well guys, I think my rant is over, oh also I had my Sony action camera on the Back of the bike pointed behind me, and got it on video, doing a wheelie then passing him, him getting behind me for a minute or 2, and finally pulling me over, I'm not sure if I want to upload it on my YouTube channel or not...
keep the shinny side up fellas
-Navid
Stick it on "YouTube" and we will tell you if it was worth it! :P 
We have all done it mate, just unfortunate you got caught! Just be safe!

Mont

• Premium Member

Bummer! Sounds like overall it went pretty well for you compared to how it could have turned out.

And you have gained wisdom in the process.

Everything went braap.

It's 1981 and I turn around the corner and find myself inveloped in tire smoke and the sound of a four cylinder motorcycle just short of the revlimiter (that is if it had one). It was in front of one of our local "watering holes".
The smoke was so thick that the only thing you could see was the alternating red and blue lights of my squad car glowing through the thick blue smoke. That and the sound of my siren got the got the attention of the bearded rider. He shut down his bike as I approached. Not saying anything, I walked slowly around bike and then asked for the riders drivers license. Looked briefly at it and stuck it in my pocket. I told the rider to follow my to the police station which was only a block and a half away. Confused, he fired up his Honda CBX which just happened to be turbocharged with an extended swing arm and a custom candy apple red and pinned striped paint job. At the station I asked him to park by the "sallyport" and I would be back with my Sgt.. After myself and my fellow worker (who was also an avid motorcyclist) disscussed the finer points of his drag bike for about 15 minutes I handed his drivers license back to him and said, save the burnouts for "prestaging". Told him to consider this a verbal warning and walked in to the police station. Would've loved to hear the conversation with his friends.

• Premium Member

There is a time and a place for having fun like that. Just got to limit the risk of getting busted by knowing where your at not to do it with other cars around. I assume every car is a cop car when I think about messing around. I have my fun no question but without putting anyone but myself at risk. Empty long stretches of road or the track.

2015 FZ-07 2003 2014 GSXR 1000

There is a time and a place for having fun like that. Just got to limit the risk of getting busted by knowing where your at not to do it with other cars around. I assume every car is a cop car when I think about messing around. I have my fun no question but without putting anyone but myself at risk. Empty long stretches of road or the track.
After giving a ticket to a middle aged woman for speeding 48 in a 30 mph zone I received her rath. She complained that I should be getting all the young kids speeding on this street. I politely said I would try.  
I ask you though who is more dangerous? The young driver that was speeding 45 in a 30 and sees me from a quarter mile away and is instantly down to the posted limit. Or is it the lady I just stopped who drove right by my marked squad car at 48 in a 30 while I was parked right on the side of the road in plain sight and infact had turned on all my lights on in an attempt to get her to slow down.

If she doesn't see a marked squad car with lights flashing as she passed, do you think she'll be ready for the kid that runs out in front of her? I think not!!! The young driver I described going 45 in a 30 got only a verbal warning.

You would not believe the number of cocky motorists that get booked because they were rude and snotty to the officer when they got pulled over. Sport bike guys tend to be the worst. The best part is watching them CRY when they find out they are getting dressed into stripes and sent to a housing unit. (celebrities are even worse. Universal -- DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM?!? The answer is always the same. A self absorbed jerk.) Sounds like the OP handled it correctly. We all do dumb stuff. It is how we deal with the consequences that shows our character.

Still at $468.00, that's 2 track day for me... just saying. Were lucky on that one. Here's It's around $1200.00 for a wheelie in Florida...

That sucks, man. At least the cop was cool about it, and it sounds like you gained some valuable experience out of it. It definitely could've been worse.

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick

You made a wise decision to pull over and submit. Your life would be (masked vulgarity) if you chose to run for it. Did your friend split or stick around for this? I would love to see the video, maybe the cop was chill because he saw the camera too.

Illegitimi non carborundum

• Premium Member
crazycracka501

Yea, I need to chill out on the throttle quite a bit too. That whole going to jail and loosing my bike thing isn't very appetizing. I already have 2 points against my license for speeding in my little truck. I'd probably loose my license if I got caught doing anything right now. I'm sure we'd all like to see your video though.

Make it stop!....Now make it go faster!

You made a wise decision to pull over and submit. Your life would be (masked vulgarity) if you chose to run for it. Did your friend split or stick around for this? I would love to see the video, maybe the cop was chill because he saw the camera too.
He split, lol, don't get me wrong i know i messed up, but i'm still going to try to fight the ticket, push it back as far as i possibly can, then hopefully he doesn't show to trial, i'll post the video on my youtube channel after the case has been dismissed or i get found guilty, but for the meantime i'll post it privatly somewhere that only guys from this forum can see, i don't want to incriminate myself until its done with lol, i'll post in this thread when i get the video up and running, probably on my google drive and i'll give permission to anybody here that wants to see it! Oh and the video is only for forum members, please don't post it online at least until i mention what ever happens with the case! 

I'm just a soul whose intentions are good

Bummer! Sounds like overall it went pretty well for you compared to how it could have turned out. 
And you have gained wisdom in the process.
Yes most def. no more fooling around for me, and to be honest i'm ALWAYS going 5-10 over the speed limit, and about 100-110 on the highway, but after what happened yesterday, i'm going to cruise at the speed limit from now on, It was really an eye opening experience, i want many years of riding, don't want to be another statistic.. Plus riding less agressive will save me gas money (currently at 35mpg from riding like an idiot) and no more popping wheelies means my clutch lasts longer!

After giving a ticket to a middle aged woman for speeding 48 in a 30 mph zone I received her rath. She complained that I should be getting all the young kids speeding on this street. I politely said I would try.  
I ask you though who is more dangerous? The young driver that was speeding 45 in a 30 and sees me from a quarter mile away and is instantly down to the posted limit. Or is it the lady I just stopped who drove right by my marked squad car at 48 in a 30 while I was parked right on the side of the road in plain sight and infact had turned on all my lights on in an attempt to get her to slow down.

If she doesn't see a marked squad car with lights flashing as she passed, do you think she'll be ready for the kid that runs out in front of her? I think not!!! The young driver I described going 45 in a 30 got only a verbal warning.

Its cops like you man that we need more of! Oh and to that old lady situation, The usual argument is that old people should get their license taken away, on one hand its true that majority of old people drive like (insert profanity)!
But at the same time, when i become old i don't want my license taken away!
So i think honestly a middle ground answer would be that once you hit a certain age, you need to take a driving/skill/attention test at the dmv like twice a year, so if your found to still be attentive then you keep your license, but if your like that lady you pulled over, then you loose it...
Hows that sound?
Oh and p.s. I think we should learn from germany, i hear its over 10x as hard to get your license over there, from germans i have spoken with, they say the U.S dmv is a walk in the park compared to the dmv in germany!

That sucks, man. At least the cop was cool about it, and it sounds like you gained some valuable experience out of it. It definitely could've been worse.
Yeah, not sure what the fine for reckless driving in California is, but i would have been taken in, and had to post bail money to get out, on top of my bike getting impounded, on top of whatever the fine is...I couldn't be luckier, honestly 

Anyone who cannot resist the urge to wheelie really should just get a dirtbike. Hit the trails, wheelie all day, start jumping, roosting, power sliding and then before ya know it ya start street riding less and dirt riding more. I take it easy on the street but go hog wild in the dirt. Braap!

If ya find a two stroke that doesn't run for under 700, buy it! You can rebuild a two stroke in three hours or even less for under $300, ride the piss out of it, and then sell it for $1600 or more.

I usually buy, rebuild and then sell a Two stroke each year.

• Premium Member

I've been pulled over a handful of times for excessive speeding/reckless driving in my Mustang. Knock on wood I have gotten away each time with just a warning. I was never doing burnouts, or speeding bad with other drivers around, and was always very respectful to the Officer. I guess that's why I've been pretty lucky with warnings.

So far haven't been pulled over on my bike, hoping to keep it that way!

what a nice cowinkiedink i just got caught yesterday for 71 in a 35.... i wasn't going to say anything to yall but it is what it is.
I believe that's technically considered reckless driving if i'm not mistaken, care to share what ended up happening? 

If ya find a two stroke that doesn't run for under 700, buy it! You can rebuild a two stroke in three hours or even less for under $300, ride the piss out of it, and then sell it for $1600 or more.  
I usually buy, rebuild and then sell a Two stroke each year.
I will have to check that out, I have a couple friends who graduated from MMI that i could ask for some help from, and i'm not too shabby myself when it comes to going on google/YouTube and learning how to do new things, i did my oil change, tighten chain, clean/lube chain all myself so far, have yet to come across any free service manuals so far... Hopefully pirate bay comes back and i'll find one on there!

Anyone who cannot resist the urge to wheelie really should just get a dirtbike. Hit the trails, wheelie all day, start jumping, roosting, power sliding and then before ya know it ya start street riding less and dirt riding more. I take it easy on the street but go hog wild in the dirt. Braap!
I fully agree with Cruizin, but usually end up acting even more careless. With dirt bikes you don't really care if they hit the ground. So push the envelope a little further, until one day a tree lets you know you've run out of talent.  

We recently bought some quads but haven't even taken them out yet. I am having a trailer made for them. Hopefully that will curb my desire to drive crazy in open air.

Well, slowing down a touch should help solve your problem with wearing out footpegs! Your stem bearings will also thank you

Archived