The MT-07 Forum

Sweet twisties w/ scenery

she3pdog

IMG_20150121_162137205_HDR_zps0ugfkzig.jpg

IMG_20150121_162119913_HDR_zpsgpyqos37.jpg
IMG_20150121_161911888_HDR_zps5ruexced.jpg

Explored some back roads near the 15 (SoCal) where I found several miles of twisties and some gorgeous scenery to boot. I'm sure others have been in the area, but it's cool to just roam around to find places like this sometimes.

I'll look at what the actual road names are next time I go. I only remember how to get there, not what the street names are. It's off of old highway 395 though. If you're in the area, I'd gladly show them to you if you want.

Thanks, man. All those smaller canyon roads in that area are pretty fun, and a good deal of them are quite pretty.

That road looks so nice.. I'd love to cruise on that pavement instead of a lot of this bumpy, half-assed repaired roads! Great pics!

Thanks. I was kind of surprised to find such a nicely paved road because it was in a very out-of-the-way location, but I'm definitely not complaining.

Looks nice. Everything around here is covered in white stuff and temp is around 10*F
I feel you. I woke up this morning and had the thickest ice on my truck's windshield I've ever seen. Had to run it with the defrosters on for at least 10 minutes to finally scrape it off. 

I escaped Indiana to be in CA...few regrets aside from some bits of the political climate, but that's really a problem anywhere.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest daufcguy

Great pics, Im always looking for fellow FZ-ers to ride with, Me and my lady are fellow transplants from the mid-west (chicago) we escaped to sunny California almost a year ago and have been riding every weekend since, I am in lakeside, do you ever ride around Julian?

• Premium Member
I escaped Indiana to be in CA...few regrets aside from some bits of the political climate, but that's really a problem anywhere.
Welcome to Komifornia comrade! 

Great pics, Im always looking for fellow FZ-ers to ride with, Me and my lady are fellow transplants from the mid-west (chicago) we escaped to sunny California almost a year ago and have been riding every weekend since, I am in lakeside, do you ever ride around Julian?
Yes, I've been to Julian a couple of times now, and I usually go to a couple of destination roads every weekend to get some energy out on the twisties. I'm pretty much down to ride whenever as long as I'm not working.

Guest daufcguy

very cool, likewise on the work situation (work really has a way of interfering with having a good time, doesn't it?), we will have to get a group ride together soon!

Archived