The MT-07 Forum

What Paddock Stand Do You Use?

MeanMug

Looks good ! I wish the was a Royal Distributing near me, I would probably pick one up too.  
ps, I think you dropped your pocket knife there  ;)
if you spend more than $89 I think it is, you get free shipping from Royal distributing Guru, and they usually ship out that day if you order early enough.

2015 Matte Metallic Grey FZ-07

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I ordered the Venom set front and back from Amazon also,I had some coins laying around turn them into Amazon gift card at one of those Coin Star machine at my local supermarket  :D.

Got these on Amazon: LINK For $73.98 (includes tax and shipping).  The front is a close fit but does the job well.  That price for both front and back was hard to beat anywhere else.  I know everyone is stuck on Pitbull, but our bikes only weigh 395 wet, no real need for over-engineered stands (in my mind). 

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f118/guerro501/IMG_0319_zpsa22dd671.jpg

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f118/guerro501/IMG_0320_zpsa30b79c2.jpg

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f118/guerro501/IMG_0321_zps30582e38.jpg
Are you aware that you got your stands backwards the front one goes in the back and the back one goes in the front.

• Premium Member
crazycracka501

Are you aware that you got your stands backwards the front one goes in the back and the back one goes in the front.
Yea, but I don't have the spools installed at the rear yet, so this works really well.  Using the front stand for the rear actually makes it really easy to get off the ground in a stable manner.  I have the spools on order so this is not an issue anymore. 

Make it stop!....Now make it go faster!

Some goodies came in the mail today. I thought I would have another two weeks to ride here in Chicago, but alas Lady winter is having none of it. Since this is my first motorcycle and I love her like a child I took Cruizin's advice and got the best. It's sad to prep the bike for winter storage... do people go through motorcycle withdrawal in the winter?

standpicture.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I ended up buying the rear lift from Harbor Freight, 30$ works amazing and i wiggled the bike hard on it while it was up. Works great and no set up.

• 2 months later...
scobiwonkenobi

Does anyone know which paddock stands will work with the OES spools?

The trackside cheapie from cycle gear does wear out incredibly quickly and has left my FZ07 with some unpleasant scratches along the swing arm as a result...at least with the paddles.

Thanks!

2015 FZ-07 # 468

• Premium Member

I'm using a pitbull rear stand with spools, and standard ends. very happy with the choice!

Try T REX RACING.com I have had 2 of them and they are sturdy. I bought the universal red color which works with spooled or non spooled. Cost about $85.00

• Premium Member
Does anyone know which paddock stands will work with the OES spools?  
The trackside cheapie from cycle gear does wear out incredibly quickly and has left my FZ07 with some unpleasant scratches along the swing arm as a result...at least with the paddles.

Thanks!

I have the cheap (price wise) Venom stands from Amazon. I have the front and rear OES sliders and they work. The rear is a paddle swingarm lift however so it's not in contact with the spools.

Used mine maybe a dozen times now, no issues, no scratches. Can be a pain by yourself because you need to widen the paddles, which have spring resistance. A pair of vice grips can ease the burden by keeping the paddles pulled in.

I usually just call my lady out and have her hold the bike for a moment.

Everything went braap.

I'm using a pitbull rear stand with spools, and standard ends. very happy with the choice!
If you had spools could you use the the stand if it goes on the swingarm instead? Is there a benefit to having a spool stand than just lifting it by the swingarm? I'm gonna need a stand for my rear tire maintenance and I'm unsure to get spools and a spool rear stand or just go with the swingarm stand... 

scobiwonkenobi

@hobbs Thanks! I'll check em out. Yes having a second pair of hands is definitely the way to go.

2015 FZ-07 # 468

• Premium Member
If you had spools could you use the the stand if it goes on the swingarm instead? Is there a benefit to having a spool stand than just lifting it by the swingarm? I'm gonna need a stand for my rear tire maintenance and I'm unsure to get spools and a spool rear stand or just go with the swingarm stand...
I'm pretty new to the MC scene, but here is my take on it. I prefer to store the bike using the spool stand, seems much more stable and the bike doesn't move. I used the spools/axle slider combo from evotech. So for chain adjustment they need to come off and I use the swingarm end.

• 4 months later...

I just bought this bike a couple weeks ago, and find myself shopping for paddock stands!  :P

Yeah, I'm thinking about the upcoming chain cleaning, lubricating and adjustment chore.  Also, someday replacing the tire etc.. So, my wish list for the paddocks are swing arm lifting with spool option.  I'll have spools thanks to the Full Sliders Kit purchased from OES Accessories today.  I want the front paddock to lift via the triple tree.  The set I settled on so far is Venom Motorcycle Front Triple Tree & Rear Swingarm Spool Lift Combo Wheel Lift Stands

[div align=center]41eawcVXcpL.jpg
[/div]
I'll go up to $150.00 for a similar set, but no more.  Unfortunately the included Triple Tree Pins are only 13mm, 15mm, 16.5mm, 17mm, and 18mm.  I measured the bore in mine, and it's about .834", or 21.2mm.  I've heard the Pit Bull pin is [HASH]33.  Can anybody confirm the 21mm size?

I also noticed the head light bracket protrudes about 1/2" below the 21mm bore, so there would need to be some kind of shoulder or cross pin through the 21mm pin to clear that.  I don't suppose the [HASH]33 pin from Pit Bull has that feature, does it?

So, any suggestions for a better quality set that meets my requirements, for $150 or less?  Am I going to have to make my own 21mm pin if I don't buy Pit Bull? 

“The real cycle you're working on is a cycle called yourself.”
— Robert M. Pirsig (Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance: An Inquiry Into Values)

• Premium Member
I just bought this bike a couple weeks ago, and find myself shopping for paddock stands!  :P 
Yeah, I'm thinking about the upcoming chain cleaning, lubricating and adjustment chore.  Also, someday replacing the tire etc.. So, my wish list for the paddocks are swing arm lifting with spool option.  I'll have spools thanks to the Full Sliders Kit purchased from OES Accessories today.  I want the front paddock to lift via the triple tree.  The set I settled on so far is Venom Motorcycle Front Triple Tree & Rear Swingarm Spool Lift Combo Wheel Lift Stands

[div align=center]41eawcVXcpL.jpg
[/div]
I'll go up to $150.00 for a similar set, but no more.  Unfortunately the included Triple Tree Pins are only 13mm, 15mm, 16.5mm, 17mm, and 18mm.  I measured the bore in mine, and it's about .834", or 21.2mm.  I've heard the Pit Bull pin is [HASH]33.  Can anybody confirm the 21mm size?

I also noticed the head light bracket protrudes about 1/2" below the 21mm bore, so there would need to be some kind of shoulder or cross pin through the 21mm pin to clear that.  I don't suppose the [HASH]33 pin from Pit Bull has that feature, does it?

So, any suggestions for a better quality set that meets my requirements, for $150 or less?  Am I going to have to make my own 21mm pin if I don't buy Pit Bull? 
I have the exact Venom set you just linked. Our bikes are so light this is more than perfect in my opinion. I have the full OES slider kit with the spools on the swingarm that allow me to use the Venom rear stand.

From maintenance to installing all of the stuff you see in my signature I used these stands. I see no reason to spend more money than you have to. 

One thing I will note is I took the advice I read somewhere of using a piece of 2x4 to stand the bike up a little more. Then I line up the rear stand on the left side and slowly lean the bike vertical "catching" the right side spindle THEN lifting the bike. I can definitely see these stands bending IF you try and yank it up while the bike is on an angle. Once the bike is up it's real solid.

I will also note one annoying thing. Not the end of the world but the little rubber covers on the rear stand that prevent scratches fall off if you just look at them. I'm going to glue them on or find another solution. Like I said, not the end of the world you just put them back on.

:: '15 Pearl White FZ-07 - OES Frame/Fork/Swingarm Sliders - Motodynamic LED Tail - Yoshimura Fender Eliminator - RIDEIT Levers - Yoshimura R-77 Carbon Exhaust - Seat Concepts - Evotech Radiator Guard & Pillion Kit - TechSpec Grip - Cyclops H4 LED - LED Turn Signals - Progrip 699s - R6 Throttle Tube - K&N Filters - SM M1 Handlebars - EPFA Pads - Gilles Rearsets - 2WDW ECU Flash - CRG Arrows - Forks By Matt Cartridges - K-tech Razor-R Shock - GoCruise Throttle Lock::

• Premium Member
fz07fanboy
c5rzU2.jpg

I use the R&G rear spool sliders and i think they're awesome. Just had to remove them yesterday to adjust the chain but that wasn't a big deal to me. I use the TRACKSIDE spool/swing arm stand and to make my adjustment i had to life the bike from the swing arm to adjust the chain. It's not like i have to do this very often otherwise I would try a find an alternative.

bmwpowere36m3

I have the exact Venom set you just linked. Our bikes are so light this is more than perfect in my opinion. I have the full OES slider kit with the spools on the swingarm that allow me to use the Venom rear stand. 
From maintenance to installing all of the stuff you see in my signature I used these stands. I see no reason to spend more money than you have to. 

One thing I will note is I took the advice I read somewhere of using a piece of 2x4 to stand the bike up a little more. Then I line up the rear stand on the left side and slowly lean the bike vertical "catching" the right side spindle THEN lifting the bike. I can definitely see these stands bending IF you try and yank it up while the bike is on an angle. Once the bike is up it's real solid.

I will also note one annoying thing. Not the end of the world but the little rubber covers on the rear stand that prevent scratches fall off if you just look at them. I'm going to glue them on or find another solution. Like I said, not the end of the world you just put them back on.
Same here, measured ~21 mm for the stem opening.  Ordered a Pitbull [HASH]33 pin, I haven't measured it... but it does have a shoulder approx. half way down the pin.  The part that goes into the stand is ~19 mm, IIRC.
I bought a set of used Vortex race stands... Vortex says to use the "STD" pin with the FZ-07, SV-650, etc... The "STD" pin is ~19 mm (the same diameter as the portion that goes into the stand itself, uniform cylinder, no step or shoulder).  So its a couple mm smaller than the stem opening, but I'd imagine it'd still work.

Same here, measured ~21 mm for the stem opening. Ordered a Pitbull [HASH]33 pin, I haven't measured it... but it does have a shoulder approx. half way down the pin. The part that goes into the stand is ~19 mm, IIRC. 

I bought a set of used Vortex race stands... Vortex says to use the "STD" pin with the FZ-07, SV-650, etc... The "STD" pin is ~19 mm (the same diameter as the portion that goes into the stand itself, uniform cylinder, no step or shoulder). So its a couple mm smaller than the stem opening, but I'd imagine it'd still work.
Thanks for the details.  I'll just make the correct pin if it comes to that.   
Still shopping.  I would be miffed if I spent $100 for stands, and had them fail after a few years.   For some reason, my searches keep bringing up sources in England.  Strange...

“The real cycle you're working on is a cycle called yourself.”
— Robert M. Pirsig (Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance: An Inquiry Into Values)

I have the Cycle Gear one that was 60 bucks. Can be used for both spools and flipped around to use pads for under the swing arm. It's OK. I've had the FZ and a KTM Duke(w/o spools) up on it w/o issue

That said, I also have the Pitbull front stem stand that will also lift from the bottom of the fork legs.

The Pitbull feels HD like it's made out of really thick steel tubing and capable of hoisting a car off the ground . In comparison, the Cycle gear one feels lightweight and made of aluminum - nope, it's steel also. It's just much thinner tubing.

I'll probably replace it at some point with another Pitbull for the back

Oh, that 33 pin is a perfect fit for the stem. The headlight stuff is close, but nothing touches when the bike is up. And don't forget, the back must be secure on a stand beforer using that stem stand.

Archived