The MT-07 Forum

What Paddock Stand Do You Use?

MeanMug

Guest MXRider

I have the Pitbull stands and they are great. I've had mine since 2007 and they still look great and have never given me a problem. The front one I have has the pin that goes into the triple clamp so you can pull the forks off for service.

Worth the investment.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Premium Member

I found this one at Royal Distributing here in Ontario. Had one on display looks ok. Middle black one doesn't need spools. Bringing me in a new one from their Guelph location to Barrie and should have this week.

http://i1052.photobucket.com/albums/s460/Canoester/82C6900E-37E3-4F92-B938-8D09F0890466_zps6ec5xk13.jpg

• Premium Member
I do not have my 07 yet, but Motorcycle superstore has the swingarm spools listed as fitting the bike. May pick up with a stand as soon as the bike comes. 
http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/32681/i/yoshimura-swingarm-spools
Definitely wait as I have no idea where you would put the spools there is not attachment point that I am aware of.

Guest MXRider

Yeah I don't see the normal holes that accept an 8mm bolt to fit a spool. There are types that use an axle block to attach the spool however. So maybe someone can develop a set similar to this.

phpnKxwb7.jpg

I saw a uk bloke put a rod thru the axel shaft and threaded spools on the rod. Looks sketchy , anybody seen this done before? It's on YouTube as a fz07 walkaround.

RRokay Raggie

I bought Oxford front and rear stands. the rear works well and I have yet to use the front stand. they were moderately priced. a package deal at 100$ for the two of them. im happy with them so far.

This arrangement would be a problem if you want to take off the wheel.
I think so. Even if you want to adjust the chain, it would be a problem.As mentioned earlier, in Europe they have this: BWZ1UFS.jpg
That looks like a much better solution and it's an Yamaha accessory. I hope they will bring it here, eventually.

• Global Moderator

Yes, that does look better. I wonder how it looks on a bike. They seem quite bulky. I hope it doesn't ruin the clean look.

• Premium Member

This is probably the only thing I don't like about this bike. No spool threads. That Yamaha accessory looks interesting. Definitely would like to see it installed. I was looking into the Pit Bull SS rear stand as it has both swingarm and spool mounts and haven't heard anything but good things about them. They're a little pricey though. If you use Axel spools you will need to take off the left side (spool) to do chain adjustments.

This is the first bike I've had that doesn't have spools. I was worried about how
stable it would be, but no problem at all with the Pit Bull stand.

I need to figure out something, I live on a hill, so my bike is parked at a slant. I am gonna have to figure out how to effectively use a paddock stand for basic maintenance so I am not chasing the bike down a hill like a bad Benny Hill video

Apparently R&G has discrete Spindle Sliders for the MT-07 in Europe.  
I am guessing they will be available in NA in the near future. That would open up a whole range of stands.

http://www.rg-racing.com/images/products/large/img2202_1.jpg

These look like the spools I saw in the video. Hmmmm yes these would be handy.

RRokay Raggie

• Global Moderator

Stache, there is no such thing as a bad Benny Hill video. Of course my Mom is English, so that may influence my comedy choices.

Quick question- does anyone leave the bike on a stand when parked? Seems to me you just want them for cleaning & maintenance .. I'm sure leaving it parked on a paddock for an extended time isn't good??

• Global Moderator

I'm sure you can, but when using you bike regularly it wouldn't make much sense. It would just be more work to get ready to go.
My riding season is short and it is not possible to ride during the winter month. It would make sense to use a stand (front and back) and get the bike off the ground to avoid flat spots.
I had a jack on wheels I used that way with my previous motorcycle. It made it easy to move around too.

Just checked OES website, it looks like they now have spools for our bikes. Price is awesome. They seem to be essentially the same thing as the R&G and Evotech, but roughly half-price.

• Premium Member
I found this one at Royal Distributing here in Ontario. Had one on display looks ok. Middle black one doesn't need spools. Bringing me in a new one from their Guelph location to Barrie and should have this week.  
http://i1052.photobucket.com/albums/s460/Canoester/82C6900E-37E3-4F92-B938-8D09F0890466_zps6ec5xk13.jpg

Just picked this up today seems pretty beefy. Will take a better look at it tonight. Still in the back of may car here at work.

• Premium Member
Nice .. now you can get fork sliders, rear frame sliders (with spool option) and regular frame sliders all for $134.  They do mention the wheel cannot be removed with the rear sliders on the wheel.  Does not seem to be a big disdavantage? 

http://oesaccessories.com/2015FZ-07.html
Like the look and the protection aspect. The rear support I just picked up has pads and attachments for sliders so if I'm not happy with pads may get those sliders/spools. I do like.

Archived