The MT-07 Forum

error code on dash???

mericc

Hey guys so long story short, i went out for a ride and lost my footing to uneven pavement, bike landed on right side, but thanks to my rizoma sliders, it took the damage, bike is fine, no scratches but this error code pops up on the dash when i try to start, sd -- 19 or 5d -- 19? I know some of you guys have the big book so i was wondering if you can lend a hand? Thanks guys

2015 Pearl White FZ-07
"such a torky lil guy"

19 is side stand switch or it's wiring.
which would make sense if its been down.
5 seems to be temp sensor 
52 if it could be that is immobiliser, try the other key. 

A code 5 is the air temp sensor.
19 is the side switch.
Will your bike start?

You do or don't
Then your dead.

To order a tail tidy click
One-off-fabrication.myshopify.com

Sorry to act dumb but how do i read the code like whats what? So since it says 5d -- 19, left code is whatever and right is 19 which is stand? First time ever having a code pop up for this being my 1st bike lol

Thanks again

2015 Pearl White FZ-07
"such a torky lil guy"

• Global Moderator

@Ralph, for some reason we do not have the immobilizer in the US. I am not sure why. Both keys are the same and do not have any electronics in them.

@ralph, for some reason we do not have the immobilizer in the US. I am not sure why. Both keys are the same and do not have any electronics in them.
Right did not know that, your not missing much just more electronics to go wrong and another excuse for the ecu not to let a perfectly good bike  start, not had problems
with the one on the 07 but have on other vehicles so not a fan.

Strange it as code 19 side stand when the stand is on the left, are all US bikes on the left?
some seem to be even though it would make more sense on the right due to road camber.
and the bike went down on the right so should not really have touched the stand.

Yeah makes no sense to me either lol, same with the 5d code, dont know how the air sensor would get damaged also? But i dont know, taking the bike to yamaha since its still covered

2015 Pearl White FZ-07
"such a torky lil guy"

Just report back here with the results.
Don't be another case of falling off the edge of the Earth and leaving us hanging without an outcome.

Just report back here with the results. Don't be another case of falling off the edge of the Earth and leaving us hanging without an outcome.

Lol, well the air temp sensor checked out fine and for the stand they said it could just be from dirt or lube, but they cleaned it out, and so far no problems yet, they pretty much just said to keep an eye out and report back if it happens again

2015 Pearl White FZ-07
"such a torky lil guy"

Just clocked what the 5d code is, it's not 5d but Sd or at least as close as the panel
will display, it stands for Self diagnoses.

If your the same as me you will be thinking coarse it is you prat and wondering why 
you did not get it right away.

Could it be a self diagnostic trigger from a tip over sensor? Meaning that it was waiting for a "normal" signal to reset on it's own? Perhaps the fuel just needed to evaporate off the tip over sensor? I dunno, just rambling.

It shows Sd to tell you it's in Self Diagnostic mode the displays the fault code next to it so
Sd/5d there's a fault, 19 it's the side stand.

The tip-over sensor is behind the starter solenoid. If it gets fuel on it, yer in trouble.

If the dealer thinks it's the side stand switch - ask him to replace it! No - tell him to replace it. Remind him if it quits on you while yer riding, the motor will stop dead w/o warning. It won't care if yer in the fast lane or doing a slow U turn. Bad things happen fast.

I hate these "safety" devices. Yeh, yeh, I know, it'll keep you from diving away with the stand down. In my universe, that would be my fault. These switches fail ( and have been failing no matter what the badge on the tank reads The more you ride in the rain, the sooner they'll fail. Throw in some chain lube and it's even worse. Unlike taking responsibility for yourself, if yer lucky, it'll just strand you somewhere. If not - well, lets not go there.

I've owned a bike w/o a side stand ( the FZ is my 1st w/o a center stand). But in 4+ decades of riding, I've never seen a side stand on the right side of a bike. And yeah, there are times when pulling to the side of the road and deploying a stand that leaves the bike fairly upright anyway, can be a challenge.

A failed temp sensor (air or water) should send the computer into a "limp home" mode. And that's even more so if only the air temps sensor is dead. But I'd think it would still run - just not well. The harness on the water temp sensor is easy to reach - unplug it and see what pops up. heh, heh, dare to be bold.

I think I'd give that tipover sensor a love tap or 2 to make sure it's reset itself.

• 2 weeks later...
fooschnickens
@ralph, for some reason we do not have the immobilizer in the US. I am not sure why. Both keys are the same and do not have any electronics in them.
Interesting, my dealer told me the opposite that both keys were programmed. They could very well have been blowing smoke, but I'm not about to lose either one! 

• 4 months later...

I just got the 5d/Sd-19 error and can confirm it was the side stand. Looks like I had left the bike a little too far forward on the stand. Kinda scary, but as soon as i pushed back all the way on the stand it started right up.

Archived