The MT-07 Forum

Hello from Orlando FL

freeman

• Premium Member

I used to own a 2004 FZ6. I always loved naked bikes and Looking to get another bike and I m in love with the FZ 07. I m saving up to pay cash but I might just go get a loan.
Wondering if you guys/gals would share the following:
Insurance payments on your bike.?
Max weight for 2 riders on this bike.?
Max speed?
Price range on aftermarket exhaust?

I look forward to your responses.
I will post a picture as soon as I take the plunge.

Thanks

• Premium Member

Welcome to the sight,
This will be my first real bike but I've been doing a ton of research on this thing for me it was the looks, price and mainly the MPG, Ill be using mine as a daily for the few months of warmer weather.
For me the average was $ 400-500 a year for decent coverage but only $ 20ish a month for PLPD.
not sure on the max weight.
Max speed 120 mph
Exhaust is 600ish and up depending on where you go, 1500 to with a power commander will be a nice set up. If you look through the sight you will see most of your question have been addressed. 

2015 FZ-07 2003 2014 GSXR 1000

• Premium Member

@tuninghq (Dobeck performance) offer good prices on almost any exhaust and their fuel controller. Around $500-1,000 for something like the M4 slip on, up to the most pricey Akrapovik full system.

I think max weight is 250-300 lbs but someone that knows for sure can chime in.

I pay around $450 a year for progressive, for good coverage and a few perks like free towing. 26.. today actually, clean record and 3 yrs riding exp.

Max speed? Fast enough.

Welcome to the forums!

Everything went braap.

Coming from a FZ6 you might miss that top end punch. The FZ07 has an amazing peppy engine for cruising with great mid range around town. The 07 is more like a FZ6R with better mid range torque... on an extreme diet! LOL

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick

Welcome cfrias99! I just looked at my insurance; I have really high liability and prop damage coverage and acv comp and collision. My premium is $225.54 per year. This is Allstate and I have all my other insurances with them too.

Illegitimi non carborundum

cfrias99,

Let me know if you have any questions about the performance side of things. We just did a ton of testing with various exhausts and our tuners. Dyno data to be posted shortly...Stay Tuned.

Check Dobeck Performance out at the Supporting Vendor section. We have the list of all our different stage 1 kits that include an exhaust and our EJK tuner.

Dobeck Performance History Lesson:
Mr. Dobeck actually was the founder of Dynojet, who manufactures jet kits, chassis dynos, and the Power Commander. Our head engineer developed the Power Commander tuner. Dobeck Performance is the new company; we manufacture easy to use fuel controllers, AFR gauges & tuning tools, and the soon to be released AXIS Dyno!

Performance tip:
**An easy and simple way to increase air flow through your intake is to remove the snorkel lid covering the filter**

Welcome to the forum!
Let me know if you have any questions.

--TuningHQ

d5c39f57-59c4-41a4-b04f-036c853f2a64_zpse3f79d78.jpg

SouthernSpeed

I will say I have owned several bikes and some much faster than the FZ-07, but it is the most fun I can remember having on two wheels. It does not have much for a top speed and like mentioned it goes get pretty windy around 3 digits. It packs a nice usable mid range punch and gets going fast enough for me and you can flick this thing around very easily. I do some 2 up riding on the FZ and it seems to handle that just fine, and wife seems to like it also, even though the suspension is not very stiff I have not noticed a problem with riding 2 up (320lbs). As far as exhaust go it looks like there are several choices from the reasonable $400ish M4, to the custom engineered akrapovic pipe, which is pretty great looking, I think runs around $1200. Personally I think I am saving my peanuts for the Termignoni exhaust for around $800. IMO if you want a fun bike I think the FZ-07 is a blast, I think its got a great mix of performance, comfort, style and the price and gas mileage do not hurt either.

The torque on this thing is pretty addictive....

Wondering if you guys/gals would share the following:

Max weight for 2 riders on this bike.?

I ride 2 up and have no problems,No suspension bottoming, plenty of foot room for both riders feet. We are meat and potatoes folks, if u get my drift.. No issues at all, and my last bike was a NT700v, that was terrible 2 up.toes 

RRokay Raggie

• Premium Member

Thanks again for all the feedback.
I went to the local dealership today and sat on the bike.
I know for sure she is the one. 
Sales guy quoted me 8600 OTD,  I asked him if that was the best he could do.  He responded " these bikes FZ09 and FZ07 sell like hotcakes
and if I didn't buy it now someone else will.
I told him I was in no hurry and walked out.

I don't understand why these dealers want to add all these junk fees to the price of a bike.

I will remain patient and purchase when the time is right.

• Premium Member
Thanks again for all the feedback. I went to the local dealership today and sat on the bike.
I know for sure she is the one. 
Sales guy quoted me 8600 OTD,  I asked him if that was the best he could do.  He responded " these bikes FZ09 and FZ07 sell like hotcakes
and if I didn't buy it now someone else will.
I told him I was in no hurry and walked out.

I don't understand why these dealers want to add all these junk fees to the price of a bike.

I will remain patient and purchase when the time is right.

Smart move. Someone posted one in the classifieds here for 6.2 and it had a few hundred in parts/mods too. I got lucky and found a used one for 6.5 with 32 miles.

Everything went braap.

SouthernSpeed

$8,600 OTD is Crazy ! That salesman can sit on that for a while. I put $1500 down and financed 5,900, I would think you would be able to get close to that depending on what your state taxes are, ect.

The torque on this thing is pretty addictive....

• Premium Member

Hey man welcome. I'm in Orlando so if you want to check the bike out without the dealer hassle let me know.

Keep the rubber side down and the shiny side up.

They add crazy fees because they can get away with it because people will pay.

Its a shame.

I walked out of every dealer down in South Florida here because of shenanigans like that. The simple fact of the matter is that eventually, demand will catch up with supply and vice versa at which point these guys will be more accommodating or reasonable.

Patience is key.

Archived