The MT-07 Forum

Ok, who wants to meet at Sturgis this fall?

Cruizin

I am gonna ride to Sturgis this year, stay for the week, party my arse off and then ride home. It will be glorious and I am inviting anyone here that may want to join me.

But Rob, isn't Sturgis a Harley fest? Yes, but there are all kinds of bikes there. And, once people hear that you had the balls to actually ride your bike there, they will be impressed. As most of those Harley guys trailer their bikes there.

It's a party, a big huge party. It's fun and there are some killer twisty roads to ride close by during the daytime.

Who wants to go? If others decide to join, we can rent a cabin or just camp. It could be a freakin awesome FZ-07 Rally!

• Premium Member

It's on my bucket list, but given 2 or 3 days to get there and a couple days back I wouldn't have much time to stick around and party. :(

Too much happening this year to take 2 weeks off. I do want to go to "east coast sturgis" at Apple Mountain, Little Orleans, Western Maryland.

It's closer to me so I could swing the time off. Anyone that can't make it out West should join me on the East. :D

Everything went braap.

• Premium Member
crazycracka501

Bucket list thing for me too but man it's like a 19 to 20 hour ride and like hobbs said, it'd take me probably 2 days of riding hard to get there. I'll have to discuss with the wife and get back to ya on this one.

Make it stop!....Now make it go faster!

• Global Moderator

1200 miles for me. A bit further than I want to ride my bike. I expect a full report though. It sounds like fun.

scordiaboy515
It's on my bucket list, but given 2 or 3 days to get there and a couple days back I wouldn't have much time to stick around and party. :( 
Too much happening this year to take 2 weeks off. I do want to go to "east coast sturgis" at Apple Mountain, Little Orleans, Western Maryland.

It's closer to me so I could swing the time off. Anyone that can't make it out West should join me on the East. :D
....what goes on in Western Maryland?.......and when? 

• Global Moderator
...a guy rode a honda ruckus from Florida to Sturgis. Had to stop and change an engine but still made it there and back...
:o Now there's a story I'd like hear. 

• 3 months later...
  • Premium Member

What about " tail of the Dragon" aka " deals gap"... More curves than you can count... :D

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

• Premium Member

in Michigan we have a town called Sturgis also which is only an hour from me...

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

• Premium Member
howworkclutch
Hey, start your own thread in the east coast section!  
Last year, a guy rode a honda ruckus from Florida to Sturgis. Had to stop and change an engine but still made it there and back.
So there!

Bean're rode from Louisville ky to sturgis last year on a 50cc scooter. My understanding is he's getting into the guiness book for that. I wonder if that's who you're talking about.

He's a total wacker. The guy is a one-man party.

-HowWorkClutch

I doubt I would have the time off. I have no qualms about long rides. 1700milea for me, longest I did in a day was 744. I bet I could push it in 2.5 days. When I did the 744 I was able to cruise at 100mph for long stretches.

• Premium Member
howworkclutch
Hey, start your own thread in the east coast section!  
Last year, a guy rode a honda ruckus from Florida to Sturgis. Had to stop and change an engine but still made it there and back.
So there!
Bean're rode from Louisville ky to sturgis last year on a 50cc scooter. My understanding is he's getting into the guiness book for that. I wonder if that's who you're talking about.

He's a total wacker. The guy is a one-man party.
http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/924/18969/Motorcycle-Article/Beanre-Sets-Mini-Bike-World-Record.aspx 

-HowWorkClutch

• Premium Member
1200 miles for me. A bit further than I want to ride my bike. I expect a full report though. It sounds like fun.
This.  As much as I love my bike, I don't love it for 18-19 hours over a few days :)

• Global Moderator
This.  As much as I love my bike, I don't love it for 18-19 hours over a few days :)
I'd ride with ya so1102, but just going the 6 hours to Los angeles killed my ass and back. Our bikes are good for commuting, not ao much for cross country

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

• Premium Member
howworkclutch
I'd ride with ya so1102, but just going the 6 hours to Los angeles killed my ass and back. Our bikes are good for commuting, not ao much for cross country

I'm going to ignore that statement because next month I'm riding 2200 miles on The Long Road to Smokeout 16. I'm going to earn legioneer status, earn my medallion, and spend my time pointing and laughing at the trailer-queens at the party :)

It's going to hurt but it'll feel good when I stop ;)

-HowWorkClutch

• Global Moderator
I'm going to ignore that statement because next month I'm riding 2200 miles on The Long Road to Smokeout 16. I'm going to earn legioneer status, earn my medallion, and spend my time pointing and laughing at the trailer-queens at the party :)

I have a bad back to begin with, but I also have the stock seat

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

I did the 744 miles in about 9hrs of actual riding, 13.5 total on a Ninja 650 and from what I can tell this bike is more comfy. I will do 500miles from Philly to Toronto in a few months, will report on that.

this is the long ride I did.

744.jpg

It was the last leg on a Chiang Mai Thailand to Malacca Malaysia (down under Kuala Lumpur) and back. I think I clocked close to 3500miles in like 12 days, but that includes quite a few days of not riding. I think I rode like 7 days total.

• 1 month later...

A good Gel seat should take care of that tooshie of yours (rofl) 

• Premium Member
howworkclutch

honestly, i did the 2200 miles without a problem. the first two days my hands tignled and my butt got sore, but the rest of the week was a walk in the park.

yeah the seat is a little hard but its big enough that you can move around on it. makes for a great long-haul bike (on back roads. it needs a little more power on the interstate)

-HowWorkClutch

• Premium Member
honestly, i did the 2200 miles without a problem. the first two days my hands tignled and my butt got sore, but the rest of the week was a walk in the park. 
yeah the seat is a little hard but its big enough that you can move around on it. makes for a great long-haul bike (on back roads. it needs a little more power on the interstate)

What makes you say it's a little under powered for the interstate? Just curious, there's no inflection in the text.

Everything went braap.

• Premium Member
howworkclutch

if you need to hop on the interstate for 20 miles or so, its alright. but if youre going to be on the interstate for hundreds of miles, it just feels like its missing something. and maybe power isnt whats missing. maybe its mass. i dunno. i would just rather be on one of my other bikes if i have to take the interstate.

-HowWorkClutch

• 3 weeks later...
  • Premium Member
crazycracka501

I'm headed that way right now. We'll be pulling in tomorrow night round midnight. Long arse drive (that's right I ain't riding 2 days to get there) but gonna be off the hook. When will you be there?

Make it stop!....Now make it go faster!

Archived