The MT-07 Forum

FZ-07 Riding position

evofzx

Hey guys, it me again, the bum that lost my chance to buy my bike cause I crashed my EVO. But its all fixed now so in about a month im gonna buy one.  Ive never actually sat on one but it is kinda like sitting on a ninja 650? Is your back straight up or are you leaning about 5 or 10 degrees to reach the handle bars. im 5ft 10in. I just like to lean in a bit so the wind doesn't kill muscles the next day. Id appricate any help.  I also kinda like the CBR 650F.  It has a nice riding position, but I just live the FZs looks.  Id take any color.  Sorry it this is a stupid question but I cant find one to sit on.  Domes Cycles says they have one but when I go there they say is gone? What the heck!

Guest August BB

At 5'6" I have a slight lean. If you google image search "fz-07", there is a picture of a bearded guy wearing a gray sweatshirt with a straight 90 degree sitting angle, he is over 6'1".

http://www.yamahamotorsports.com/assets/contentblock/2015_splash_fz07_vid_02_C7J8UG4.jpg

edit: nevermind, I just took a ride today, woman in the pic is probably 5'4"-5'6"

But anyway, I'm sure there are a few members who are 5'10" who can chime in.

I'm 5'11" and have sat on both the FZ-07 and a ninja 650. There is much more leg room on the 07, as the 650 felt cramped to me and more suited for a shorter rider. Most reviews you read about the current-gen 650 will agree with me. I don't remember either one having a more foward lean than the other, but I do know the FZ felt more natural overall. Others have said this, but the FZ feels like a dirt-bike made for the street, meaning very neutral seating position. Reminds me of a mountain bike with wider handlebars. Overall, at my height, the FZ had more leg room and was overall more comfortable, but the lean angle wasn't too different from what I remember.

I often use this site to compare different models back to back.  According to this site, the 650 will have 1* more forward lean than the FZ.  Also a couple more degrees of leg bend, supporting the lack of leg room on the 650.  

http://cycle-ergo.com/

I'm 5'8 and can sit relatively straight up if I want to. I typically ride a little tucked as that feels more comfortable for me.

Can tell you that at 5,10 I did 2 around 360 mile days and had very little to complain
about and I am 66 years old with a iffy back, some complain about the seat but wile it
looks a bit thin and when you first sit on it you think this may get uncomfortable it's
not bad at all. It's a personal thing so you may not feel the same but for me it's fine.

I'm 5'9 and what I love about this bike is you can sit in a couple different positions while riding. I can sit all the way up close to the fuel tanks and be in a straight up position. OR when I am riding on the Freeway at about 70 and higher I prefer to sit all the way back on the seat at lean forward, like a conventional sports bike. Great advantage to the fz-07 where we can do both or find a spot in between those positions.

I'm 5'11''.  I find the seating position to be very upright with just a slight natural lean.  If I scoot my butt back in the seat just a bit I increase the lean, just the right amount in my book.  Especially for travelling at speeds much above 60 when the wind really beats on me if i stay completely upright.

In other words I find the seating position just about perfect in it's flexibility.  No back or arm fatigue experienced on any of my longer rides, which admittedly have not been that long, yet...

Archived