The MT-07 Forum

Anybody use Costco Purchase Program for FZ-07?

maybe07

• Premium Member

I just signed up for the Costco purchase program in Central California. This allows you to use your Costco membership to get a discount on a motorcycle purchase and 15% discount on accessories. Has anybody used this program? There is usually a car at the entrance to my local Costco to promote the program.

The price from my Yamaha dealer is $8,500, including tax, preparation, delivery and other fees. I'll get a few quotes from different dealers and update this thread.

There's a small chance I might get a (sob!) Honda CB500X, new or used, as it would save me $2,000 to $3,000 dollars.

• Premium Member

Thanks, much. The invoice for $8,000 would be an improvement for me.

Why don't you just drive a few hours down to Del Amo in Long Beach? A few guys on here got it for $7800 OTD. Gas price is cheap right now, so gas shouldn't be a problem. Make sure you call them first if you want to do that.

• Premium Member
When I got mine a few months ago the fz 07 didn't qualify for the costco program
When I signed up, the 07 was on the list of bikes to select from. I'll contact the dealer and see if any discount is available. 

• Premium Member
Why don't you just drive a few hours down to Del Amo in Long Beach? A few guys on here got it for $7800 OTD. Gas price is cheap right now, so gas shouldn't be a problem. Make sure you call them first if you want to do that.
Thanks, a few people have responded that OTD prices have been $8100 in the Bay Area, but $7800 might be worth driving down. A neighbor told me the local Yamaha dealer would probably whittle a few hundred dollars off the $8500 OTD sticker price. 

• Premium Member

I got a phone call today from the Yamaha dealer in Delano, California in response to the Costco Purchase Program. He said that he had no FZ-07s in stock and didn't know when he would get some. 

I tried the online Costco sign up again with a Fresno zip code, but I keep getting the same Delano dealership in response. Anyway, I'll look for an FZ-07 in Visalia and Fresno, and I'll also look in the Bay area. I'm not too excited about driving down to southern California, but we'll see.

• 2 months later...
bikecrazy724

Hi.. Has anyone purchased FZ-07 through Costco Auto program in Bay Area? If yes, how much was the OTD price?

I am planning to purchase one in couple of weeks.

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
wallsandfoundations
I just signed up for the Costco purchase program in Central California. This allows you to use your Costco membership to get a discount on a motorcycle purchase and 15% discount on accessories. Has anybody used this program? There is usually a car at the entrance to my local Costco to promote the program. 
The price from my Yamaha dealer is $8,500, including tax, preparation, delivery and other fees. I'll get a few quotes from different dealers and update this thread.

There's a small chance I might get a (sob!) Honda CB500X, new or used, as it would save me $2,000 to $3,000 dollars.
Why so much? Mine was 8700 AFTER taxes, licensing, fees, getting my helmet/jacket/gloves, and getting a 5 year extended warranty..

Archived