The MT-07 Forum

Seeking online source for Euro MT-07 turn signals/indicators

Donimo

Guest August BB

I could be mistaken but the oem eu signals aren't LED. If you're looking for a place that sells them, can't help you, but a few people including guru have just asked people on the various MT07 forums for their scraps when they replaced theirs.

You are right, August BB, the eu stock signals are standard, with bulbs!
Anyway I can understand all of you, in U.S., about of your oem signals... with the eu type, the MT/FZ-07 looks better, for me..

www.MT-Series.it
Yamaha Official MT-Series Club

• Global Moderator

I do not know why Yamaha uses the cantaloupes in North America. The European ones look so much better. Fortunately I think my LED ones look even better than the European (I may be slightly biased though).

The Euro OEM accessory versions are LED. Not redily available here in the states but I found an ebay'er from Australia where I ordered mine. It still requires some cutting and soldering unless you are ok with crimped connections. They come with resisters but I just picked up a LED specific flasher module which was plug and play for simplicity.
You also lose the DRL function of the front "lopes" (no 3rd wire on the LED's) which with a constantly burning headlight I don't feel I lost any visibility. They are quite compact and handsome and are wildly brighter.
Here is a crappy video I did of the completed job.
My ebay source... http://www.ebay.com/itm/301356375912

I do not know why Yamaha uses the cantaloupes in North America. The European ones look so much better. Fortunately I think my LED ones look even better than the European (I may be slightly biased though).
MJH - can you point me at the LED ones that you use?  Do they have 3-wire daytime running capability? 
Thanks,
Donimo

• Global Moderator

I bought these ones. If you want to keep the stock flash rate you will also need an electronic flasher relay. I could not find any LED signals with the DRL's so I decided to do without them. You can see photos of the results in my avatar and in my gallery. 

I got mine from Canada. Part# YME-W0789-00-00
Www.YamahaGenuineParts.com it's about $197 front and rear . it came off mt07 Moto cage.
44c60fe05602c3537b2693b2c676cb8b.jpg
961141b7993e6f17811ec8fc4176b240.jpg62dc589f929c36c6bf15dd510763e840.jpg

ilie1977

• 3 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

Did you use the same part for front and rear? (I noticed it as listed as rear only).

Why can't left turners see us?

Did you use the same part for front and rear? (I noticed it as listed as rear only).
I bought and use two set of rear turn signal. Front parking light is not functional.

ilie1977

fooschnickens

I definitely like the looks of these better. Wish there were a 3-wire version available for the front. People aren't the most attentive here, and any extra light (especially at night) would be greatly appreciated.

fooschnickens

I'm glad they have a wiring diagram for those because I was kinda confused with it having one wire on one end and three on the other haha. Certainly looks like a great bit to have, especially with the plethora of 2-wire aftermarket lights out there compared to 3-wire. Looks like my list of conversion parts continues to grow lol.

• 2 years later...

I have been looking for a similar 3 wire solution here in Canada as we have daytime running lights on our front blinkers. I found this yesterday and wonder if it may be best. Just need add some ends to make it plug and play.

http://tripageled.com/store/index.php?route=product/product&keyword=electronic&category_id=0&product_id=210

• Premium Member
I have been looking for a similar 3 wire solution here in Canada as we have daytime running lights on our front blinkers. I found this yesterday and wonder if it may be best. Just need add some ends to make it plug and play.  
http://tripageled.com/store/index.php?route=product/product&keyword=electronic&category_id=0&product_id=210

Looks like a reasonable solution to me. 

Why can't left turners see us?

• 1 month later...
tejascruzer

In case anyone's still interested, I just bought two sets here a few weeks ago: http://yamabits.co.uk/yamaha-led-flashers-indicators.html Yamabits had the best price I could find at the time and the total with shipping was $162.45. They are two-wire LED signals so they won't work as running lights without some re-wiring. I used the TST Industries signal plug converters and flasher relay to make them plug-n-play and called it a day; wasn't too concerned with turning them into running lights but I may change my mind later. I did do some cutting and soldering on the fronts to remove a lot of the extra wiring. Between the signal and the TST plug converters there's a ton of extra wiring to try packing behind the headlight; with cutting and soldering I was able to get everything to just a couple inches longer than the stock signals making it easy to re-pack. They're super bright, in fact, I turned the flashers on in my garage with all the lights off and they hurt my eyes from about 10 feet away.

• 2 weeks later...
Seems they might now be called Blinker Genie  -  "Formerly called Magic Blinker". 

Donimo

Big thanks! 
The reason why my blinkers project was still in my "wish list", because of DRL. I tried to find schema how to utilize relay to invert flashing of LED blinkers. This "Blinker Genie" is small enough to hide behind front light assembly. I'll definitely give a try to replace my orange pumpkins.

Archived