The MT-07 Forum

Traxxion drop-in kit and stock shock revalve

marider

Hi every one, 

Just ordered my fz-07 and thought I would call to see about upgrading the suspension a little on the 07 before I get my dirty mits on it. Well I called and talked to Mark at Traxxion and have to say what a great experience. I am not able to spend the money on 2K suspension work (wife would put a pillow over my face in my sleep if I did) Well good to know that there are other options out there. Mark informed me that the stock rear shock can be re-valved and re-spung for a very reasonable amount along with a drop in kit for the front forks. I do not ride track days and other that some back road shenanigans dont ride to crazy. If any one is thinking of upgraded there suspension please do your self a favor and order from Traxxion. 

Completely agree. I am around 215 in gear and for the riding I am doing I think it is a good investment. I would love to spend the money on a full AK kit and penske shock but I wont ever be seeing track time but I do live in an area that has not the best kept road (thanks MA) for only 700 and some change from what Mark had told me you can have a very good street setup. 

• 3 weeks later...
Well don't keep in suspense.
Suspension pun intended?

O judgment! Thou art fled to brutish beasts,
And men have lost their reason. Bear with me.
My heart is in the coffin there with Caesar,
And I must pause...till it come back to me.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
If any one is thinking of upgraded there suspension please do your self a favor and order from Traxxion. 
Traxxion makes good stuff. But you can get full-on cartridges for $1100 from them or rather 1/3 to 1/2 that from a couple places.
bannerfans_1095431.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

pulled the fz out of storage today and put 5 miles on her
very windy and not real warm
from what I can tell the fork is better then stock and has firmed up the bike nicely
no more dive on the fork or at least not as bad
that is with traxxion drop in kit
I like it a lot
im 250lbs

alright so I didn't ride it right after the install of the damper kit it was like 4 months
but now I am starting to see how this bike soaks up the bumps and its fricken awesome
give traxxion a call
if your over 200 lbs I think you owe it to yourself
I also own a ctx1300 and its a 16000.00 dollar bike
and the fork now sucks and its brand new
I will be the test guy for traxxion on that one
if there is an improvement like the 7 I will be ecstatic
wish me luck       there is something to be said for spending to much and being disappointed so damper kit will probably be all a guy needs unless hitting the track

Good to know. Thanks for the feedback.

Waiting on the stock rear shock re-done to be shipped out by Traxxion. Got the damper kit ready to go. Hopefully it all comes together in the next couple of weeks. Now if I could lose a bit of pounds in that time... :)

Archived