The MT-07 Forum

Tank Removal Question

photomoto

Hi All!
I'm going to be installing my Dobeck EJK today and am wondering what to do about the current fuel in the tank? The last bike I removed a tank from had a shut-off so the fuel didn't need to be emptied. Is there anything like this on our bikes?  I believe I have a full tank. 
Thanks folks! 

The fuel line closes when you pull it off, slide the orange cover back and squeeze while disconnecting. There are two breather hoses that won't leak, just pull them off.

• Premium Member

There will be a little gas that may leak out of the hoses and connectors. It is a small amount but just make sure you have a rag handy to catch any of it. One other tip is to drape towels over the frame when you are dismounting the tank. While you are disconnecting everything the metal brackets on the bottom of the tank may hit the frame or other parts of the bike. The towel will help protect things.

Good Luck and enjoy that EJK….. I do….

• Premium Member

I propped my tank up (with a piece of wood 2x4) and was able to get in and install the fuel controller without taking off the tank.

I strongly recommend removing the tank, take the extra few minutes, it is simple. From Gaz's post, I guess it can be done with the tank on, I've done it on more than one bike, not knocking it, but glad I removed it for this one. The connectors are in tight quarters, even with the tank off, it was a bitch.

Thanks, all! 
I got it removed and everything worked out great! Going to program the EJK today and take it for a ride to test her out!  :D

Archived