The MT-07 Forum

New rider from Portland, Oregon

ugly

Hey guys, I got my fz 07 just a couple of weeks ago. It's red.

This is my first bike ever and loving it so far. Doing the 600 mile service tomorrow.

Lots to learn. I keep stalling and my gear changes are not very smooth. Keep looking through the forums to learn from more experienced riders.

I recently added a CRG clutch lever and am looking to get the Yoshimura exhaust sometime soon.

As for gear, I'm wearing a REV'IT Voltaic Hi-Viz jacket. Some sort of Tour Master over-pants, REV'IT H2O gloves, and HJC FG-17 Hi-Viz helmet.

Anyone in the area want to meet up for short rides? Just keep in mind that I'm not an experienced rider.

Can't wait for some warmer weather to really enjoy my rides!

Glad to be part of this community.

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick

Welcome ugly! What made you pick that name? LOL! Congratulations on picking the fastest color. Vote here!

Illegitimi non carborundum

Welcome...great choice in bikes!    Lots of great resources on the web....Take it gradually and enjoy!

"Look into it later when the dust is clearing off the crater" - Iggy Pop

• Premium Member

PNW! Welcome and go Blazers. I can't believe you hit 600 miles already; I bought back on Black Friday and I only have 42 miles. Pathetic I know.

Welcome ugly! What made you pick that name? LOL! Congratulations on picking the fastest color. Vote here!

Lol, that name just transferred over from my (don't judge), COD Black Ops 2 game name. Also, I break mirrors whenever I look at them! ;-)

PNW! Welcome and go Blazers. I can't believe you hit 600 miles already; I bought back on Black Friday and I only have 42 miles. Pathetic I know.

Haha, no rush. I just can't keep my hands off of it! I feel guilty for not having put more miles on it! Looking to get to the 1000 mile maker in the next few days, given that the roads don't get all icy.

Just ordered the Yoshimura stainless steel exhaust and that should be here on Wednesday. The carbon fiber one is out of stock. :-(

Super excited about getting that all hooked up.

Ride safe.

• Premium Member

Whereabouts do you typically ride? I bet there are some awesome scenic roads, even something as simple as taking the 84 East; very envious, wish I was in Portland with my bike that's for sure.

Welcome...great choice in bikes!    Lots of great resources on the web....Take it gradually and enjoy!

Thank you. I really need to work on my gear changes from 1st -> 2nd -> 3rd. So amateurish!

Have fun, and ride safe.

Reside in tualatin. Plenty of curves out near here. Id suggest going out towards hillsboro and taking some back roads work on that shifting ;)

"I'm not reckless. I am incredibly skilled with a bit of flair."

Archived