Sign in to follow this  
mark

Looking for bolts to fit into the original mirror mounts.

mark
After installing bar end mirrors I would like to use the original mirror mounting locations for Ram Ball mounts to attach gps, cell phone ect. The left side I can probably find in just about any hardware store but the right side is reverse threads. Any ideas?

coleman67
I'm going through the same thing. I think we are looking for M10 X 1.25 pitch left-hand thread bolts, and I'm not having much luck. Maybe a plastic hole plug instead?

mark
Found a solution from Solomoto.com. Doubletake Mirror Yamaha Right Side adapter. Allows the Ram Mount Ball M10 x 1.25 to be used. Right side will be a little taller than the left but only other option seems to be a machine shop.
  • Like 1

hippiebikerchick
McMaster-Carr has just about any size and type of all screws including left hand thread.
http://www.mcmaster.com/

Illegitimi non carborundum

mark
McMaster-Carr has just about any size and type of all screws including left hand thread. http://www.mcmaster.com/
Good find. They do have the left hand M10 x 1.25. I had already ordered the adapter from Solomoto. We'll see how it works out.

wingnutted
I replaced stock mirrors with bar ends this weekend and found plastic plugs that fit perfectly at O'Reilly, I think they were $3...I needed to cut down the clutch side as the mount hole is shallower.

Let me know if you're still looking, I'll head out to the shop and find the box...

JWP
I'm generally a big fan of Mcmaster.com, but they don't have much in left hand stainess screws, and what they have is rather expensive (about $15. To find the screw there, just type in "metric left hand screw" in the "find" window. I like the plastic plug idea better since it's cheaper and won't rust.
Alternately, you may have a local fastener store that services machine shops and such. They'd probably be worth calling if you really want threads.

avanti
McMaster-Carr's Website is a model for how it ought to be done... it even links to pages in their HUGE catalog for times when you need to just browse and see what might be "close" to what you are seeing right then. Also, the service and speed of shipping it TOPS, bar none. I've used them for years and only very, very rarely do I have to go anywhere else. However, metric is one of those odd-ball situations--it was stainless carriage bolts. And, even though M-C is an industrial supplier with over 600K products they will ship one item (if that is how it is priced) just as well as a thousand.

All that said, try:  allensfasteners.com   I've gotten stainless metric from them, too.