The MT-07 Forum

Future Classic

scobiwonkenobi

scobiwonkenobi

Don't know about you guys and gals out there but I love older bikes. I love the late 70's Honda CB750, The '83 CB1100f, almost everything that came out that era just looks cool to me. 

I imagine what it must have been like (and you older riders tell me, anyone who bought a new or new-ish bike in the 70's/80's) to purchase a bike then when these classics were new. How freaking sweet that must have been! Did you know the bike would have a cult following 20 + years down the road? Despite our beloved FZ's belonging to an increasingly popular category of motorcycles, I really do think in 15 + years our bikes will have stood the test of time. I think the FZ-07 is going to be a classic. It's not an overly priced Triumph (and don't get me wrong I have muuuuuch love for Triumph), it's not a Ducati and damn it's not a poor mans Ducati. It's not a (forgive me modern Honda fans  (zzz)) cheaper made Honda naked. It's an affordable, extremely modifiable, extremely fun naked bike. 

Thoughts?  

2015 FZ-07 # 468

• Premium Member

In the future, kids will be finding old, wrecked or neglected 07's and turning 'em into chain racers.

I say that because cafe's probably won't exist anymore and the landscape will be dotted with corporate chains.

They'll dash around from chain to chain, trying to beat each other before the song on their iBrain music chip processor gets done playing whatever white noise track with a drumbeat and bass wobbles that was agreed upon ends.

They'll be outcasts, because petrol will be as rare as gold and all the rich kids on electric magneto bikes will snub them from the clique.

Maybe :D

Everything went braap.

I bought this over 20 years back for £650 about $850 it had about 2500 miles on the clock

it's now 40 years old and as about 19000 miles it will just about do 100 mph and if you keep

to about 50 mph 100 mpg it is only 350 cc but feels very like the 07 to ride, that's why I

got the MT, no intention to sell it, have turned down over £3000 for it.

http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee111/G7ied/RBR%202014/54WestYorkshire_zps5b8ef27f.jpg

http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee111/G7ied/DSCF5090_zps1f648f76.jpg

I bought my first motorcycle in 1981.

What I notice most about older bikes is that when these bikes were just a few years old, they were merely considered obsolete and, pretty much, undesirable.

In other words, when a 1983 CB1100F was four years old in 1987, once the 1987 CBR1000F Hurricane was out, you heard few thinking the CB1100F was bound to be a classic or collectable.

I feel it has much to do with nostalgia and personal feelings.

scobiwonkenobi
I bought my first motorcycle in 1981. 
What I notice most about older bikes is that when these bikes were just a few years old, they were merely considered obsolete and, pretty much, undesirable.

In other words, when a 1983 CB1100F was four years old in 1987, once the 1987 CBR1000F Hurricane was out, you heard few thinking the CB1100F was bound to be a classic or collectable.

I feel it has much to do with nostalgia and personal feelings.
As it is with most things of a material nature.

2015 FZ-07 # 468

Archived