The MT-07 Forum

#ProTaper bars

rubberbandman72

rubberbandman72

I've got my eye on some ProTaper bars. Not many people talking about them on here. Does anyone have any info/reason NOT to get them for the FZ? Fitment, quality, so on... It's mostly Renthal talk around here but I like the ProTaper deminsions better. Thanks.

I am rocking the drag bars and I love them, they really bring out the street fighter look. They are also very cheap, I think I paid 27 dollars to the house. Been using them for almost two months and they are fine. I am using the stock cable and it took about 90 minutes for me to install them. In the future to further clean up the look I am planning on running shorter cables because the throttle can be a touch sticky at full lock to the right, which on this bike, happens very little. As far as changing the seating position I am 6 feet tall and have really long arms and these brought the angle down so I no longer have wind shooting straight up my jacket sleeves. Overall I like these way better than the look and price of the Renthals. 

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004PQOTHK/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

15893626438_95823b7ef9_h.jpg

16081065645_c0094e2010_h.jpg

Follow me on Instagram. http://instagram.com/trebec

• 5 months later...
whiteeye16
I am rocking the drag bars and I love them, they really bring out the street fighter look. They are also very cheap, I think I paid 27 dollars to the house. Been using them for almost two months and they are fine. I am using the stock cable and it took about 90 minutes for me to install them. In the future to further clean up the look I am planning on running shorter cables because the throttle can be a touch sticky at full lock to the right, which on this bike, happens very little. As far as changing the seating position I am 6 feet tall and have really long arms and these brought the angle down so I no longer have wind shooting straight up my jacket sleeves. Overall I like these way better than the look and price of the Renthals.  
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004PQOTHK/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

15893626438_95823b7ef9_h.jpg

16081065645_c0094e2010_h.jpg

Hey guys, sorry if this question had been asked but im really interested in getting one of those drag bars But im afraid if the end of both grips would be blocked by the tank and wouldnt move as smoothly as the stock one does
otherwise i would love to put on a drag bar and bar end mirrors (anything to be noticed if i get a random drag bar? kinda afraid if the rizoma mirrors wont fit)
And btw if the drag bar wont fit any suggestions for lower riding position bars? ( as low as streetfight position but the bar wont touch the tank as the stock one)
Appreciate for any feedbacks guys, first time posting stuff
hope i can share my finished bike with yall soon

Archived