The MT-07 Forum

Motodynamic Taillight

mark

• Premium Member

That's really awesome, especially for the price.

Everything went braap.

• Premium Member

I like it. Looks way better than stock. I wouldn't hook up the turn signals to it since I already have LED's that are borderline too bright.

rubberbandman72

I like it, too. I'd like to see it in person because I wonder how noticeable the turn signals are from a few car lengths back. But the price is awesome and the features are awesome. I'd like to see it with the flush mounted turn signals they have on their site in addition to the integrated signals.

Looks cool, but I think real turn signals are safer. I don't like my blinkers sharing the same space as my brake light.

• Global Moderator

I really like the look of this, but also think that separate turn signals might be safer. I just spent a lot of time installing my LED turn signals so I am sticking with them anyway.

rotaryryan24

I want one, but use my outside led signals also.

You do or don't
Then your dead.

To order a tail tidy click
One-off-fabrication.myshopify.com

• Premium Member

I definitely love the brake flash.

But I'm with everyone on the separate turn signals. I've seen a few bikes with them and don't find them to be that visible to see.
It's also not street legal here in CA. Turn signals have to be 9" apart, probably for visibility reasons.

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

But I'm with everyone on the separate turn signals. I've seen a few bikes with them and don't find them to be that visible to see.
It's also not street legal here in CA. Turn signals have to be 9" apart, probably for visibility reasons.
Visibility and also to make it easier to determine which side is flashing.

• Global Moderator

I did this flashing brake light from Vizi-Tech. It was really easy to install and I am very happy with it. Friends who have followed me say it works well.  

My names on the list! Definitely picking one up when they get some in stock. Not sure if I like the whole chrome look tho wish they would do a black reflector. I'll just have to get it tinted when I get it. Anyone look at the flush mount front signals they have? They look like the same shape as our 07 front signals (the hole in the headlight piece) Should I order some and see if they fit?

You cant knock the price, looks good though like others not sure about the indicators
maybe when you see it in real life, or maybe wire both org and new indicators.

I've always been a fan of integrated tails as long as they're quality and bright enough. Especially the sequential turn signals...they definitely get noticed. It would still look good with some aftermarket LED blinkers in the stock location too, but it would look super clean without them. Ideally, I think I would want one of these motodynamic tails, a tail tidy, and replace the front 2 turn signals with LED. Should be super clean.

• Premium Member

I did this flashing brake light from Vizi-Tech. It was really easy to install and I am very happy with it. Friends who have followed me say it works well. 
That's awesome! Do you happen to have a write up on the install or some pics to show what it looks like? Cus if it's as easy as you say it is, I'm going to jump on this.

That's awesome! Do you happen to have a write up on the install or some pics to show what it looks like? Cus if it's as easy as you say it is, I'm going to jump on this.
Russian Rider did an excellent video on the installation of a Tail Tidy that shows everything that would be involved in replacement of the tail light.  

Isn't the Vizi-tech thing just a plug and play modulator for stock tail light? Neat idea. oem housing and bulb with added flashing features.

• Global Moderator
Isn't the Vizi-tech thing just a plug and play modulator for stock tail light? Neat idea. oem housing and bulb with added flashing features.
Yes it is. Motomeek said she liked the flashing brake light so I mentioned this as it is a good way to get it and very easy to install. 

• Global Moderator
I did not write up the install but it is very easy. Remove the passenger seat and on the left side near the front you will see where the tail light and brake light wires have connectors. Unplug the brake light one (as I recall it is slightly larger, but it will match the one on the unit you are installing) and plug the unit in line with it. That is all you need to do. My only problem was when I tested it I forgot the brakes have to be off (with the ignition on) for twelve seconds before it acts differently from stock so I thought it was not working. You can also have the brakes on for at least 3.5 seconds and then release them for less than half a second and reapply the brakes to force a flash (this is good if someone is closing fast and you want to get their attention). 

• Premium Member
I did not write up the install but it is very easy. Remove the passenger seat and on the left side near the front you will see where the tail light and brake light wires have connectors. Unplug the brake light one (as I recall it is slightly larger, but it will match the one on the unit you are installing) and plug the unit in line with it. That is all you need to do. My only problem was when I tested it I forgot the brakes have to be off (with the ignition on) for twelve seconds before it acts differently from stock so I thought it was not working. You can also have the brakes on for at least 3.5 seconds and then release them for less than half a second and reapply the brakes to force a flash (this is good if someone is closing fast and you want to get their attention). 

DONE. I'm gonna order it as soon as I can. Thanks for the feedback!

Wow that looks great. I spoke with TST they are also in the works of making an integrated light. I have one of theirs on my ninja 300 and I love it. Nice to have options.

Archived