The MT-07 Forum

Electrical Accessory Connector

mark

Has anyone used the connector that the manual says in under the left cowl? I am thinking of wiring a gps into it. Where can I find the correct pig tail so that I don't have to splice the wires?

The connector as a cap and I mod'ed that but don't know what the plug type is called,
but it as powered my gps and phone for 2000 miles without problems, I seem to remember
a thread were the type of connector was mentioned but it was some time ago.

I'm using it to power my little LED voltmeter, bought it here http://www.cycleterminal.com/mt-series-090.html

Page down to the "2 pin MT .090 - 2.3mm Male and Female locking connector" MT090-2  In small print in the lower left hand corner it also says "Fits some Yamaha FZ-09, Road-Star Aux Connectors"

You'll need what he's calling the male connector. That describes the lugs, not the plastic bit. It's a perfect fit and was in the mail the next day..

Can't remember the wire color coding, but it was as kinda obvious. Check with a voltmeter before soldering up wires to the new plug

I bought a 24" long , SAE extension that I've run from a pigtail/fuse at the battery and forward to the bars, under the tank plastics to power my GPS. It's a straight shot along the right side of the tank. Didn't even have to pull the plastics off.

Oh, I meant to say he had shipped it the next day. It took a few days to get to me.

With a $5 min., I wound up buying one of his little tools for freeing lugs from connectors as well. Pretty nice little tool and will work far better than a jeweler's screw driver

You should be able to free that plug from the fixed dummy half w/o removing the plastics. I used a screw driver to lift the latch on the plug and then reached in with a pair of long forceps. BEcause there's no lugs connected, it pulls apart pretty easy.

• 1 month later...

I was hoping to use the accessory connector for a gps, however I'm looking in where the connector should be but can't seem to reach any of the connectors.Is the accessory connector attached to something so it doesn't move? Can someone give me a description of the what the connector looks like or better yet a pic?
Thanks!

Guest Ralph

It'a hard to see up behind the regulator and taped to the wiring harness,
a small white connector it as a cap on it that can be mod'ed to use as a
connector.

Well, not the best of picts. But this is what yer looking for. You should be able to reach in with a pair of long needle nose pliers and squeeze the little tab/catch to pull the plug from the taped dummy other side. These were taken before I had the mating plug, but when I was ready to get to actually get to it,  I think I did this w/o removing the plastics. But even with the plastics out of the way, it's not so easy to see.

The horizontal plug at the top of the 2nd pict is (iirc) just behind the regulator. 

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f216/rashapir/IMG_1164_zpsk6ntsdkt.jpg

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f216/rashapir/IMG_1165_zpscsumpktu.jpg

Archived