The MT-07 Forum

Guardian Bell: Who rides with one?

schalicke

• Premium Member
I339bQPI have had several motorcycles throughout my life and I have had a Guardian Bell given to me to hang on a couple of those motorcycles. I find it to be a nice gesture and for the spiritual or superstitious types very comforting. Do they work? Who knows...

Here is the history behind them...

Legend has it that Evil Road Spirits have been latching themselves on to motorcycles for as long as there have been bikes on the road. These Evil Road Spirits are responsible for mechanical problems and bad luck along a journey.

Legend goes on to say that by attaching a small bell onto your bike, the Evil Road Spirits will become trapped inside the bell where the constant ringing drives them insane, making them lose their grip until they fall to the ground. (Ever wonder where potholes come from?)

Legend also has it that the mystery of the Guardian™ Bell carries twice as much power when it is purchased by a friend or loved one and given as a gift.
I339bQP.jpg

> [img]

My teenage daughter got me one of those bells (without the boobies) a couple of years ago for my old bike. I suspect she will get me one for the FZ on Father's day, since she has already hinted. Like you say, I think it's a nice gesture, but it's about as effective as a "dream catcher". I do like the legendary story it came with -- brillient marketing strategy! Now that I think about it, that old bike hasn't left me stranded since I hung that bell on it. Maybe there's something to it after all ...

I liked mine so much that a friend gave me. I just couldn't stand to put it on my old bike and taking a chance of losing it.

• Premium Member

Haha, boobies.

I've heard of them, but don't own one or ride with anyone who does.

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

scobiwonkenobi

Was given one by my motorcycling buddy - it's a nice gesture by those who know what they are. Ride with it. Helps remind me what and who you'd be leaving behind by riding stupid.

2015 FZ-07 # 468

My buddy gave me one, but I have yet to put it on the bike. I thought it was pretty cool, and after talking to my family about it, they all have one too.

EDIT: I put it on as soon as I got home. So many available spots for it on this bike.

• Global Moderator

I just bought one for my friends birthday, together with a bottle of 12 year old Single Malt Glenfiddich Scotch. So that's evens it out I guess.
I found the bell in New York with a Canadian flag on it so I had to buy it.

Archived