The MT-07 Forum

Did you finance or pay cash?

effzee07

I paid half cash and financed the rest. $4,000 cash and around $4,500 financed. There is no poll option for half and half so I did not vote. Haha

• Premium Member

I was fortunate enough to receive some inheritance which covered the purchase of the bike, otherwise it would have been financed.

• Global Moderator

Personally if I cannot pay cash for my toys I well not buy them. If I needed it for transportation that would be different, but I just bought it for fun.

• Premium Member

Was going to finance to build credit, but since I bought it third party it went differently. Big savings from what I would have paid.

I have a savings through my employer that I borrowed a little from. I'm paying it back in a year, with interest paid to myself.

Given what I save in gas, the out of pocket expense each month isn't very large.

Everything went braap.

• Global Moderator
I stole Guru's drivers license, went to a dealer, went for a test ride and never brought it back! woo hoo!
Do you expect us to believe there is a dealership out there who does not know who @Guru is :)

• Global Moderator

True story. They called me up and I had to go all the way to Idaho in person to pay for @admin's bike. Then I saw a white 07, so I bought that one too. So I voted cash twice ;)

I'm from the old school, I accumulate money then buy cash instead of financing.
I make money with the banks, they don't with me. lol

• Global Moderator

Hey @cruizin, do you want to meet me at Bellevue Bentley with @guru's license? I think he wants to test drive a couple of Continental GT3-R's.

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick

I financed it, but only because I got six months at zero interest. This month is my last payment, then Nimble Pixie is all mine!
I make money with the banks too, they don't with me.  (rofl)

Illegitimi non carborundum

I paid cash and got ok'd for the loan to reimburse my savings account. Then I said forget it and just kept it paid off. Reimburse my savings myself.

• Premium Member

I paid cash. The biggest part of that came from the sale of my 2012 Ninja 650R.

• Premium Member

I financed since I got approved to make a deal with zero down….

But is anyone else having any trouble with the finance company? Seems like they're in the process of switching company names… so there's NO WEBSITE for me to check my current standings or make payments.

Everything was done via snail mail. My first few months had to be paid by check and mailed back to them until auto-pay started.
But if I want to pay more, I'd have to probably call and deal with it over the phone…  B-|
But I hate how I just can't see how much left I have to pay on the statements. 

Pfft.

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

I paid cash but the only way I was able to do that was because we are building a house right now so it just slid into the mortgage unnoticed by all... Muhaha

2015 Matte Metallic Grey FZ-07

If financing, always go to a credit union and get pre approved first. You will save a ton of money and get lower rates then what the dealer would get you with that very same credit union.
Dealers lie and say that they can only get U this rate at that credit union, but go directly to that credit union and they get you %'s lower.

Dealers make money off the % more that they add on to the loan. My credit union will finance me at 1.7%.

Sometimes tough, Suzuki will finance certain bikes at 0% thru GE Capital.

• Premium Member
@motomeek I didnt go through Yamaha finance or whatever it is. I got a better rate going through a local credit union that the dealership deals with. Did you go thru Yamaha?
Yup, went through Yamaha. I have such an easy time with Honda that I thought Yamaha would also be "with the times". It's pretty much my only gripe about getting this bike. If I knew, I might've reconsidered my options.  

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick
@motomeek I didnt go through Yamaha finance or whatever it is. I got a better rate going through a local credit union that the dealership deals with. Did you go thru Yamaha?
Yup, went through Yamaha. I have such an easy time with Honda that I thought Yamaha would also be "with the times". It's pretty much my only gripe about getting this bike. If I knew, I might've reconsidered my options.  

My deal was offered by Yamaha and I thought it went through Yamaha, but it ended up with capitol One. I have no complaints about their website or paying online.

Illegitimi non carborundum

• Premium Member

My deal was offered by Yamaha and I thought it went through Yamaha, but it ended up with capitol One. I have no complaints about their website or paying online.
Ah, see mine ended up with GE Capital… but it's in the process of changing to Synchrony Bank. My statement only directs me to this webpage. It talks as if you've already created an online account prior to the switch. Since that isn't my case, I have no other website to direct my finances to. 
I have looked up Synchrony Bank and Synchrony Financial, and neither cater to Yamaha when I tried to start my own account. 

Looks like I'll just have to make the time to call their Customer Service… it's just inconvenient since their hours are only M-F, and during my working hours. 

financed, 0 down , 2.1% thru credit union. didn't plan to keep it forever so i didn't pay cash... so all told i have paid about 400 bucks for the actual bike. i have nothing else open on my credit right now so i figured what the heck. keep the cash and buy parts and a house .

Archived