The MT-07 Forum

Wishing for an FZ07 in SoCal

tvp

Hello my name is Lea and I have been riding sport bikes since 2008. I currently have a 2006 R6 track bike and a 2005 street legal R6. I am working up the courage to sell the 2005 street bike so I can get what appears to be a perfect street bike for me!
Any advice for someone in the market for an FZ07 would be appreciated. Thanks

• Premium Member

Check out the pricing thread to get a feel for what other locals are paying.

http://fz07.org/thread/24/fz-07-pricing-thread

Otherwise don't take any bullshet from the dealer. Even at msrp they are making money.. if they want another $2,000 in markups I'd just turn around and walk out.

The pricing thread should tell you most of what you needa know since there's a lot of Socal riders around here.

Everything went braap.

• Premium Member

Well welcome!

I'm from SoCal too and I definitely think you can make your wish come true… Dealerships seem to be in pretty good stock!

Don't know what kind of information you're looking for in terms of advice, but the forum has a good amount of info! If not, ask away!!

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

Thanks, I checked out the pricing thread. As usual, prices are higher in California, but that is OK I guess.

Excuse me while I go put a for sale sign on the R6. :)

you might want to shop around.... prices for the fz-07 has gone down a bit since I purchased mine in the middle of last year.... paid $7700 OTD.... just this past week, I saw Thousand Oaks Motorsports selling their fz-07s for $6299 + tax & fees..... not sure how much that would be OTD but that's $700 off from MSRP which wasn't the case not too long ago....

2015 Yamaha FZ-07
2013 Kawasaki Ninja 300
2014 Honda Grom

and just to add perspective, my bro in law just got his 2015 Yamaha fz-09 for $8100 OTD from TO Motorsports... I know it's quite a bit more bike than the fz-07 but for that price, I may have gone that route if I was given a choice now.....

2015 Yamaha FZ-07
2013 Kawasaki Ninja 300
2014 Honda Grom

scobiwonkenobi

It's a fun bike - definitely a different ride than a 4 cyl. Sports bike ^_^
My bike is financed because I needed the credit bump. Good luck finding your perfect FZ-07!

2015 FZ-07 # 468

• 1 month later...

Hey guys! Update

The 2005 R6 is for sale and will sell soon, not soon enough for me though as I have pulled the trigger on a new FZ07! The dealer that I got a good price from did not have the color I wanted in stock. They traded with another dealer and it is ready for me to pick up! oh, boy!

You guys that posted on all the after market bling you got and how it worked out has been SOOOO much help to me in deciding what upgrades I will be needing and what vendors to go to. Thanks everybody.

I already bought a S-Moto radiator guard, and a DiPretto fairing. Thanks to the guy who posted up about it's fitment issues. Now I know what to expect.
Now I need a fender eliminator.... Hmmm which one to get. Shopping and motorcycles all at the same time! I'm in heaven.
Cheers all!

Just a FYI, my fender eliminator will be back in stock very soon, either way you go congratulations on pulling the trigger. your gonna love this bike.

You do or don't
Then your dead.

To order a tail tidy click
One-off-fabrication.myshopify.com

• Premium Member

Congrats! What color did you end up getting?

• Premium Member
Black w/blue rims. Like yours.
Are you talking to me? Cus I have a white one...  :D

Sorry I was looking at your avitar and got it wrong. I just picked mine up and it's in the back of my truck right now with 0 miles on the odometer! My little tractor is so cute!

Sorry I was looking at your avitar and got it wrong. I just picked mine up and it's in the back of my truck right now with 0 miles on the odometer! My little tractor is so cute!

Did you get a chance to ride it before it started raining?

You do or don't
Then your dead.

To order a tail tidy click
One-off-fabrication.myshopify.com

Archived